GT: Chicago White Sox @ at KC Royals

justBLAZE

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 08:46 PM)
And Nate Jones continues to not deserve a roster spot.

Completely unreliable...still time for KW to get another righty reliever on the waiver wire. You simply cannot have a righty you use in games that matter with such an awful WHIP the last 3 months.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
And not a hint of criticism from Hawk towards Pierzynski.

Seems Konerko should have had it, or at least stopped it from getting by him.

Sox defense has abandoned the team over the last month.

By the way ROBIN, Nathan Jones is giving up a .349 BAA vs. right-handers. Against LHB'ers, .197.

And yet Ventura always seems to use Nathan as if he's a typical RHP.

Crain screwed up this inning by letting the leadoff hitter on, and of course we have no prayer of throwing out anyone at 2B, let alone Dyson...even on perfect pitches on which to throw.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
Completely unreliable...still time for KW to get another righty reliever on the waiver wire. You simply cannot have a righty you use in games that matter with such an awful WHIP the last 3 months.

.349 BAA against RHers this season is almost, hate to say it, unFATHOMable.

How can you have that kind of stuff and suck so hard?

Santiago, conversely, has been better against righties...so has Quintana, for the most most part.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
.349 BAA against RHers this season is almost, hate to say, it unFATHOMable.

How can you have that kind of stuff and suck so hard?

Santiago, conversely, has been better against righties...so has Quintana, for the most most part.

Jones has no idea how to pitch effectively up in the zone to either get a swing and miss or then use his offspeed pitch in the dirt. I do think he has a good future though.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 08:53 PM)
The only reason I am not ready to smash my laptop is half is because we had no business tying this game anyway. Should have lost 2-0 by now. We got VERY LUCKY that Hosmer f***ed up.

And I'm sure Baltimore winning yesterday and today helps your mindset. :headbang

This feels NOTHING like that Tigers' sweep at Detroit following the devastating (at the time) loss to the Red Sox...the now infamous Cody Ross game.

We went from 3 1/2 games up to 1 1/2 games behind that week and it seemed bleak.

Totally standard, predictable Royals crap. Nothing new or unexpected here, except the sweep rather than 2/3.

Edited by caulfield12