GT: Chicago White Sox @ at KC Royals

justBLAZE

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Great to hear Hawk blasting the decision making this road trip. Rios 0-4 in all three games.

Assume you mean since arriving in KC.

Well...for whatever reason, we were flat the entire series. Weird the Sox have become one of those teams that has to be pushed to rise to the occasion against the better teams in the league, although we seemed to do just fine with the Twins and Blue Jays for most of this year...at least until this point.

Just a weird, weird season. We could easily be 14-16-18 games over .500 and running away with the division, but that would go against the laws of baseball sanity apparently.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
He should. It was horrible. People saying they aren't that mad about this sweep, make zero sense.

Ummm...what exactly would getting mad accomplish?

Help the team get up for the Yankees?

It's on the players and coaching staff...and you can't blame our fans all season long for not knowing what to make of this team. It's a head scratcher.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 03:56 PM)
He should. It was horrible. People saying they aren't that mad about this sweep, make zero sense.

I'm not the slightest bit happy about it, but its only the 2nd time all year we've been swept. Not too many teams can say that come mid August.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 03:51 PM)
Yeah I know it was over like 3 innings ago when we had 9 outs left, because "we were gonna get no hit" and were the worst team in the history of the game, etc.

You f***ing been watching any of the last 3 games.

The White Sox should be ashamed of themselves. You cannot just write this off. Contenders beat pretenders. My god, to lose all 3??? Really? After losing 2 of 3 to them in the Cell? Where's the pride? If Betancourt had been released earlier, KC would have swept us in that last series in Kauffman as well. Congrats White Sox. What a joke. Too bad it wasn't a four-game series and we coulda lost to Hochevar too.

Sox still easily control their own destiny. If they go into a big slump and/or decide they want to get dominated by KC and the Tigers to end the season, then they won't deserve to make the postseason. The Sox need to get healthy with ADA and Youk.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:00 PM)
You f***ing been watching any of the last 3 games.

Yes and I still believe that the game is played for 9 innings, not six. Have you watched this team all year? Just when you start to think they suck it comes back together. I have seen wilder things than scoring 3 in the ninth to tie a game. The way we were swinging today I realize it was a long shot in the 9th, but I will never understand these "ova" comments in the 5th and 6th innings.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
BTW, can we delete that relief pitching thread? :)

I've never been confident in the likes of Crain, Thornton, Myers. I know they've been OK by today's relief standards but I never have understood threads like that one. Our bullpen has been OK to blah since Joe Morgan's statement a few seasons ago.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:09 PM)
Yes and I still believe that the game is played for 9 innings, not six. Have you watched this team all year? Just when you start to think they suck it comes back together. I have seen wilder things than scoring 3 in the ninth to tie a game. The way we were swinging today I realize it was a long shot in the 9th, but I will never understand these "ova" comments in the 5th and 6th innings.

I never said OVA in 5th or 6th innings it was 5-2 in the 8th and I never said OVA you newer guys need to get your s*** straight! :bringit

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 03:12 PM)
It's a shame this glorious season is being ruined by the Kansas City f***ing Royals. What a joke.

Just try to think of Kansas City as just a bump in the road. Well, maybe a huge pothole.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
I never said OVA in 5th or 6th innings it was 5-2 in the 8th and I never said OVA you newer guys need to get your s*** straight! :bringit

I didn't say you said it, I just don't like when anyone makes the mistake of thinking a baseball game is over before the 27th out is recorded.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:16 PM)
I didn't say you said it, I just don't like when anyone makes the mistake of thinking a baseball game is over before the 27th out is recorded.

You quoted me with your original comment