GT: Chicago White Sox @ at KC Royals

justBLAZE

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Agreed. Yet the O's do us a huge favor by sweeping the p**** cats. We could have been in 2nd place right now, but instead the Sox are still in the driver's seat.

Good point :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
You quoted me with your original comment

Yeah I know, because you said "its already out of reach" when we were down 3 runs with Dunn, PK14, and Rios to start the ninth. I just don't think that way...there's always a chance for a late inning miracle.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Swept by the f***ing Royals. Ozzie or no, this team sure loves to collapse in the end of the season.

Hey you know me, I'm all for negative thoughts, but the team is still in first (mostly cause Detroit sucks too) so they havent collapsed.... yet.

It's 50/50 right now and this next week will tell a lot of about Robin as a manager of the 2012 Sox.

Robin has done a lot of good things as far as what we've been used to these last few years under Ozzie, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for right now...

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
A's going to win so Sox lost 3 games this weekend in the WC standings to Tampa and Oakland. Anaheim has 6 more games vs Tigers, so we need them to start playing better.

And you know the Rays will sweep KC at home to go 16 games over .500.

We would be 1/2 game behind the O's, tied with the A's.

QUOTE (southsidepride15 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
Yeah I know, because you said "its already out of reach" when we were down 3 runs with Dunn, PK14, and Rios to start the ninth. I just don't think that way...there's always a chance for a late inning miracle.

Not in KC

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 06:40 PM)
And you know the Rays will sweep KC at home to go 16 games over .500.

We would be 1/2 game behind the O's, tied with the A's.

Of course Tampa will, I mean they are 0-3 on the season against KC already.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 20, 2012 -> 12:52 AM)

Royals traditionally go in the tank immediately after beating up on the White Sox. I'd expect their starters to start getting shelled again. Althought before this latest beatdown, to the Sox defense the Royals have been "hot." KC has a ridiculously bad baseball team, however, as well all know and for a contender like the White sox to drop three more to KC, that's inexcusable. I mean we're 4-8 against them? Should be interesting to see if the Sox rebound vs. the Yankees.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)

Except with the way the Rays seemingly play every pennant drive (and have been playing recently), it would be pretty shocking if the Rays didn't at least take 2/3 in Tampa, or 3/4.