AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

"God damn it! "

"Hahahaha **** this. "

"The only solution is to put down each pitcher that appeared tonight in a back parking lot after this game. "

"**** every single pitcher that has appeared tonight. Holy ****ing ****. "

"My sentiments exactly... "

"It's remarkable not one of them could string together outs. Pitch location was horrendous for each one of them. And don't get me started on Joba. He shouldn't come near appearing in a close game like this one until he gets legitimate work in. Girardi really needs to grasp that concept, and quick."

Edited by RZZZA

A bit peeved that I had to leave this one early to catch the 10:40 back home. My lasting impressions from this game are-

- It says an awful lot about the kind of person you are if you wear an A-Rod jersey in public.

- Weiss maintains perfection on the mound, at least for one more day.

My head aches.

Edited by Swingandalongonetoleft

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
So where's the love for Robin's move to keep Floyd on a very tight leash and get him out of there? I'm not scanning the game thread, but I really see Floyd leaving the game as our big turning point.

I totally agree with you, and I'll take it a bit farther. We just went to KC and got swept by an inferior team with our 3 most consistant/best starting pitchers going. So we come home, Gavin spits the bit and Robin gets his ass out of there. Then this team comes back against the mighty Yankees. Call me impressed with Robin and the heart this team showed tonight. They needed this game tonight and the went and snatched that W right out of the Yankees win column.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:11 AM)
I wasn't following the game thread, and I was only able to sit down and watch the game after Gavin was pulled. Was there any talk that he was hurting? Or was it a Gavin Floyd couldn't man-up moment? From what I saw he looked terrible.

Definitely the ladder.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
So where's the love for Robin's move to keep Floyd on a very tight leash and get him out of there? I'm not scanning the game thread, but I really see Floyd leaving the game as our big turning point.

In today's Tribune recap, Robin is praised in the very first paragraph for pulling Floyd so early and keeping the game within reach.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 12:06 AM)

Don't forget that Robin is a complete and utter boob for leaving in Santiago two batters too long.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:11 AM)
I wasn't following the game thread, and I was only able to sit down and watch the game after Gavin was pulled. Was there any talk that he was hurting? Or was it a Gavin Floyd couldn't man-up moment? From what I saw he looked terrible.

Well Jake said he was hurt in the gamethread.

But Robin said in postgame that he just didnt have it. So I will believe Robin

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:25 AM)
Definitely the ladder.

This is what concerns me the most about Floyd. He has his moments when he looks like a very good pitcher, but then he has games like last night when he can't pitch worth a damn. He seems pretty useless in high pressure situations, and last night was one. The Sox needed a win after getting swept in KC, and they were facing the Yankees. Floyd went out there and crapped down his leg. The first inning could have been much worse if it wasn't for Beckham's awesome play.

I watched the first 4 innings and was thoroughly disgusted. So I shut it off and went to bed (10PM on the east coast)....needless to say I did not expect to see the score line that I saw when I woke up. Great win and glad to see the bats wake up.

Also, props to Ventura for pulling Floyd when he did. He only ended up allowing 3 runs but he was horrible, so I'm glad he had the thought to pull him when he did

QUOTE (Wedge @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 07:15 AM)
Don't forget that Robin is a complete and utter boob for leaving in Santiago two batters too long.

I read in the game thread a lot of ripping him. One post said 80-90% of his moves blow up in his face. Combine that with all the bad players on the roster, its amazing this team is in first place.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:02 AM)
I read in the game thread a lot of ripping him. One post said 80-90% of his moves blow up in his face. Combine that with all the bad players on the roster, its amazing this team is in first place.

Game threads are pitiful when we fall behind or don't hit early. Even in a come back win when there should be rejoicing the most negative posters hardly utter a peep. It's like you can't sound knowledgable cheer leading only when criticizing.