AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

the daily battle between negative posters and positive posters in every game thread gets to be quite irritating. It's like people can't accept that there's two different types of posters....inn every sports forum...in every sport...everywhere. just live and let live. :)

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 10:14 AM)
the daily battle between negative posters and positive posters in every game thread gets to be quite irritating. It's like people can't accept that there's two different types of posters....inn every sports forum...in every sport...everywhere. just live and let live. :)

I disagree. If someone is going to constantly complain about a team in first place and basically tell you how lousy they really are, maybe they should spend their time doing something more enjoyable. I'm not a cheerleader, but gamethreads are many times beyond ridiculous. If you think the Sox suck, Ventura does nothing right, Beckham is a joke, why bother watching? Considering the team's record, you're (and I'm not saying you specifically, I'm talking the general constant complainers) going to look like a stooge in the end. I think the vast majority of constant complainers still want the Sox to win, but there are a couple that would be far more satisfied they lose 100 games so their "everyone sucks" posts make them look like baseball geniuses.

Just last night, I found out the collapse of the Sox has begun. That it was official Gordon Beckham is done. That 80-90 percent of Ventura's pitching decisions are wrong, and that he has his head up his ass. AJP is lazy and his head isn't in the game..............life is not long enough to subject yourself to such torture. I've been viewed as a negative poster, but grab a smart phone or a paper or look at the standings on the internet. Complaining about this team is silly.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 10:35 AM)
People express negativity when things are going badly, and positivity when things are going well. Its just what happens on forums. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

That's true, but DA has a point. There are some folks who just seem to salivate over the team playing poorly so they post their unending diatribe of complaints about the team and the individual players. Most of us will throw some complaints out there when things are going bad (see Gavin Floyd's performance last night) and say good things when things are going well. It's those constant complainers that disappear when things start to go well.

However, it doesn't really bother me in game threads. You have to take 50%+ of the posts in game threads with a grain of salt. It's the posts (and threads) saying player X (Viciedo has been a target several times) needs to be traded/benched when said player is actually performing decent that bother me.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 10:44 AM)
That's true, but DA has a point. There are some folks who just seem to salivate over the team playing poorly so they post their unending diatribe of complaints about the team and the individual players. Most of us will throw some complaints out there when things are going bad (see Gavin Floyd's performance last night) and say good things when things are going well. It's those constant complainers that disappear when things start to go well.

However, it doesn't really bother me in game threads. You have to take 50%+ of the posts in game threads with a grain of salt. It's the posts (and threads) saying player X (Viciedo has been a target several times) needs to be traded/benched when said player is actually performing decent.

There is a small, but vocal, group who would rather have a bad team and be right, than have a good team and be wrong.