8/21 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:17 PM)
EFF THE SHIFT

Heh, I was playing softball on Saturday and the other team actually did a right-handed shift.. three guys to the left of second base.

I promptly jumped in the left-handed batters box, and while the 2B was running back to the right side, I swung and missed (horribly). Then I switched back and he ran to his original spot.. make them work for it I say.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 02:18 AM)
The Sox want to take advantage of Yankee fans.

Its kind of annoying when the Yankees fans outnumber the White Sox fans, might as well make some money off them. This has been going on as long as I can remember.

Sox fans just b**** way to much about seats, prices, etc. Go to the game, dont go to the game, who the hell cares.

The payroll? Also the players do as well, as they've admitted they get pumped up when more fans are at the game.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Heh, I was playing softball on Saturday and the other team actually did a right-handed shift.. three guys to the left of second base.

I promptly jumped in the left-handed batters box, and while the 2B was running back to the right side, I swung and missed (horribly). Then I switched back and he ran to his original spot.. make them work for it I say.

LMAO I thought you were gonna say drilled it through the right side of the infield.

Hahahaha way to be honest.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
The payroll? Also the players do as well, as they've admitted they get pumped up when more fans are at the game.

Well everyone agrees the Sox are trying to make the most money as possible, so its not about payroll as the Sox decisions in their opinions make the most money. I assume they have a team of acturaries who calculate exactly what they think the revenue will be at a variety of different price points.

As for the players, they can pool some money together and buy tickets to give away to fans if they care.

Otherwise, its up to the fans to decide they want to put their hard earned money towards watching a game.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:30 PM)
We need to sweep this homestand, it's not out of the realm of possibility, especially with Sale going tomorrow. And let's bring Humber back in the rotation to face the M's.

Why not, he is perfect against them.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:32 PM)
He put up OPS of .827 with the Sox.

Wasnt he hitting .209 or somewhere near there(Jones was a solid 4th OF...Kotsay...no)? I remember once Thome signed with the Twins Ozzie got pissed from all the backlash. That DH rotation was a bad idea.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:33 PM)
Wasnt he hitting .209 or somewhere near there(Jones was a solid 4th OF...Kotsay...no)? I remember once Thome signed with the Twins Ozzie got pissed from all the backlash. That DH rotation was a bad idea.

No, the bad idea was involving Kotsay in it.