8/21 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 03:42 AM)
No. I'll enjoy this while it lasts, but there's a reason Wise has been bouncing around his entire career.

He's fast. He's a good fielder. He can hit a bit. He good.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
maybe ............maybe not

McEwing sends just about everyone. There's a reason A.J. didn't go there. It's because even McEwing thought he'd get thrown out.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 03:47 AM)
McEwing sends just about everyone. There's a reason A.J. didn't go there. It's because even McEwing thought he'd get thrown out.

He would have been halfway down the line at the most when the catcher caught the ball. It would have been an embarrassment to baseball had he gone.

NICE WIN.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 03:54 AM)
Sweep the yankees, I called it before the series even started. Get swept by the royals, then go and sweep the yankees. That's sooo us.

It's like the Sox are two different baseball teams. That team that Royals beat was a dead, horses*** club that had no chance of winning any of the 3 games.

This team vs. the Yankees has made some mistakes but has been full of life, hit the long ball and gotten good enough pitching. More than anything it has been aggressive and resilient, falling behind early but immediately battling back.

Very weird.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
Sweep the yankees, I called it before the series even started. Get swept by the royals, then go and sweep the yankees. That's sooo us.

When they got swept in Detroit, they immediately won 5 in a row. I'm all for that again. How about 8 in a row this time?

It's like the Sox are two different baseball teams. That team that Royals beat was a dead, horses*** club that had no chance of winning any of the 3 games.

This team vs. the Yankees has made some mistakes but has been full of life, hit the long ball and gotten good enough pitching. More than anything it has been aggressive and resilient, falling behind early but immediately battling back.

Very weird.

Nobody can hope to hit the legendary pitchers know as Cy Chen and Cy Guthrie.

Seriously, we seem to have no problems at all whupping the s*** out of every other so-called top team in the league. Yankees, Angels, Rangers. That sweep against Detroit is the only time I recall us struggling against a top team.