8/21 Yankees at White Sox

It's not about the marketing team. It's the Sox fans. This is embarrassing. Two first place teams, White Sox in first by 2 games and Yankees are the best in the AL, and we're in late August. Any other year in the past these games would be sold out or close to sold out. It's not the pricing, it's not the economy, it's Sox fans not showing up this season. I'm watching the YES telecast, and the broadcasters are talking about how startling all these empty seats are as they pan the camera around the empty stadium. I really don't think our fanbase deserves a postseason appearance this year. It's a shame. Really embarrassing and depressing.

Edited by SouthSidePride05

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
No it doesn't, it makes having a certain income group attending very important. Folks who drive but who also use the sox lots, rather than usin public transit or the other lots in the area.

Prices that attract a lot of public transit users arent as profitable.

Prices that attract families to drive out with their kids who pay for parking and drop another 100-200 on concessions sounds important to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
No it doesn't, it makes having a certain income group attending very important. Folks who drive but who also use the sox lots, rather than usin public transit or the other lots in the area.

Prices that attract a lot of public transit users arent as profitable.

It's not like the Sox are giving out $5 tickets and homeless people come to the park on regular occasion.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
It's not about the marketing team. It's the Sox fans. This is embarrassing. Two first place teams, White Sox in first by 2 games and Yankees are the best in the AL, and we're in late August. Any other year in the past these games would be sold out or close to sold out. It's not the pricing, it's not the economy, it's Sox fans not showing up this season. I'm watching the YES telecast, and the broadcasters are talking about how startling all these empty seats are as they pan the camera around the empty stadium. I really don't think our fanbase deserves a postseason appearance this year. It's a shame. Really embarrassing and depressing.

False, false, false, false, false. Just so false. It is 100% directly related to the f***ing outrageous prices.

QUOTE (SouthSidePride05 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:05 PM)

The Sox org. have no one to blame but themselves.

I dont know what you guys are arguing actually. You admit the Sox are out to make money, yet refuse to accept that the Sox are taking actions they believe will make them the most money.

Outrageous prices?

I went for under $30 per ticket on labor day weekend with a group of friends (lower deck box). Ive spent over $30 on cab rides in a night.

Chicago is expensive, thats not going to change.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 08:11 PM)
I dont know what you guys are arguing actually. You admit the Sox are out to make money, yet refuse to accept that the Sox are taking actions they believe will make them the most money.

Outrageous prices?

I went for under $30 per ticket on labor day weekend with a group of friends (lower deck box). Ive spent over $30 on cab rides in a night.

You are correct they can charge what they want in Chicago, does not mean people have to show up and pay it and fans are not. There lies the rub.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)

Outrageous prices?

We are specifically talking about the Yankees games.

The Sox want to take advantage of Yankee fans.

Its kind of annoying when the Yankees fans outnumber the White Sox fans, might as well make some money off them. This has been going on as long as I can remember.

Sox fans just b**** way to much about seats, prices, etc. Go to the game, dont go to the game, who the hell cares.