AND THAT'S ANOTHER WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 06:14 PM)
Granted I can't watch a lot of games, but it seems like his stretch call has been more effective this year.

My favorite is hawk in his old age continuing to push the limits of what swear-like language he can say. My true-favorite moment was during a outfield fly in a crucial man on base situation, hawk yelling "DROP THE DARN BALL" to the outfielder.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
I didn't realize until yesterday that Youk is not even batting .250 for us. Still seems to get a ton of clutch hits though. Alexei bats .260 and doesn't seem to have near as big of an impact at the plate this year....

It's all been about a power surge for Youk.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 12:14 PM)
Granted I can't watch a lot of games, but it seems like his stretch call has been more effective this year.

It's been more accurate than last year. I think a few times last season he was yelling "Stretch!" and then the ball fell harmlessly into the outfielder's glove, and said outfielder was standing about 5 feet in front of the track.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 04:23 PM)
Well that and the dude takes a walk. He has a .365 OBP with us.

I've actually been a bit stunned with how low that number has been...(for him). that .365 OBP, if done for a full year, would be the lowest OBP in Youk's career. Mostly low batting average...but basically, despite his batting average and OBP being really bad for him, he's been huge for us because he's having such a good slugging %age with us.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 03:39 PM)
I've actually been a bit stunned with how low that number has been...(for him). that .365 OBP, if done for a full year, would be the lowest OBP in Youk's career. Mostly low batting average...but basically, despite his batting average and OBP being really bad for him, he's been huge for us because he's having such a good slugging %age with us.

Yeah, he's been a perfect fit.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 21, 2012 -> 10:54 PM)
Sox deserve credit for not letting those 3 losses to the Royals completely bury them. Losing 3 in a row to that horses*** team could have ended the Sox season, sending them spiraling downward.

Think they'll keep this dynamic pricing for next season? Fans don't have the moolah cause of Obama. Kidding about Obama, but we're in an economic crisis, baby! Lower those prices and charge 10 bucks for parking til the crises is OVA!!!!

You could see the D-Backs vs. Marlins at noon for $10 today.