8/22 Yankees at White Sox

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
On the Score today, they were talking about a Chris Rongey tweet that said the premium tickets were the ones that sold well yesterday and it was the regular priced tickets that didn't sell. Not sure if that makes sense.

The premium lower box and premium club are pretty much sold out by season ticketholders. The premium upper deck box as well, so Rongey is right, but he's right every game.

Edited by Dick Allen

those of you saying the thin crowd is because of dynamic pricing, can't you get them cheaper by buying sooner? what's the cheapest that these tickets be purchased at? I paid $130 for section 130ish against the Yankees a few years ago on stub hub

QUOTE (Jake @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
Does Sale have a prayer at the Cy Young award?

We discussed this a few pages back. Consensus was: hell no to this year, but definitely in the future.

I think he'll finish 4th in the voting.

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)
those of you saying the thin crowd is because of dynamic pricing, can't you get them cheaper by buying sooner? what's the cheapest that these tickets be purchased at? I paid $130 for section 130ish against the Yankees a few years ago on stub hub

Last night on stubhub, after 5 pm you could have bought club level tickets for $13 and premium boxes for $23. I was going to go tonight and looked at it at 5. Everything was over $100.

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:28 PM)

I am talking only about what the White Sox would charge for the tickets going thru them.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
I am talking only about what the White Sox would charge for the tickets going thru them.

I haven't ever bought a ticket through the sox, stub hub is always more convenient and NOW cheaper also

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 22, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
so $500 is just a huge over exaggeration?

Yes. There are some listed on stubhub for that price, and even higher, but no one is going to buy those, and the Sox won't charge that at the box office, but it will cost you close to $100 for a premium seat. A lot of New Yorkers are in town. Compared to Yankee games, $100 in the infield may be a bargain to them.