Princess Dye

QUOTE (YASNY @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
I'm not worried about 2013 right niow. 2012 is the priority.

And much of what happens in 2012 dictates what happens in 2013. For example if we collapse and don't make the playoffs, say good-bye to Myers, Youk, Liriano, and Peavy at least. If we make a deep playoff run, it increases the likelihood that they would be back.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
And much of what happens in 2012 dictates what happens in 2013. For example if we collapse and don't make the playoffs, say good-bye to Myers, Youk, Liriano, and Peavy at least. If we make a deep playoff run, it increases the likelihood that they would be back.

Which is why I'm focused on 2012.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:48 PM)
Honestly, let's worry about this thread at the end of October, after we've won the Series.

I have this wild thing I do with threads I don't care for: I don't post in them.

If a thread's called "2013," and you don't want to think about 2013, then (and I actually mean this with no offense at all) it's probably best not to go in them.

1. Sale

2. Danks

3. Quintana

4. Liriano

5. Santiago

Could this happen? When's the last time this has happened? The more I think about it, the more I find it likely.

In a 162 game season, I don't think it would be a big deal, because the five best starters you can get should be your five starters no matter which side they throw from.

The only potential detriment is if you find yourself in a postseason series against a team that hits lefties significantly better than righties. Based on this year, those teams are Boston (43 OPS points), and Minnesota (20).

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:53 PM)
I have this wild thing I do with threads I don't care for: I don't post in them.

If a thread's called "2013," and you don't want to think about 2013, then (and I actually mean this with no offense at all) it's probably best not to go in them.

Also, if you start threads, don't be surprised when people don't follow what you wanted them to do. The questions you asked are so completely dependent on what happens in the next 39 games. I am not sure why you are getting pissy about people saying exactly that.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
Stunning that this post happened, did not see that one coming

I thought this post was a tongue-in-cheek response, which I can appreciate. Then I saw your response to JoeCoolMan that I interpreted as you are just being ... how shall I say it ... Uppity. Which told me there was nothing tongue-in-cheek about the previously mentioned post. Now, if I have misinterpreted things then I apologize in advance but I was just making an off the cuff remark with which I meant no disrespect.

No idea.

3B? C? Lots of guys competing for Myers' spot, probably need to sign a veteran FA although Omogrosso, Heath and Marinez could obviously factor in. In an ideal world, Nathan Jones takes a step forward and improves to the point of trustworthiness.

I've advocated since last off-season for ditching Matt Thornton (Santos Rodriguez, Veal, Leesman could figure in as replacements). We could get some savings there...to help pay for AJ or possibly Youkilis.

Beckham is going to be pushed by Sanchez...possibly in 2013. It will be interesting to see if they have Trayce Thompson and Carlos in the AFL.

Saladino and Morel could also figure in the equation.

Would like to see Liriano back for a full season. Would like to wave goodbye to Gavin Floyd, although if Dylan Axelrod's the replacement, or Molina, no thanks to that.

Jared Mitchell's striking out 40% of the time in Charlotte, but that wasn't completely unexpected.

Edited by caulfield12