Just Finished Watching This.....

Noonskadoodle

Do You Own Any 2005 World Series DVD?  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No?

• Yes
    • No

world-series-2005-highlights-chicago-whi

Just randomly decided to watch this for like the 1000th time after the crazy game tonight.

Just wondering who all has this on the board? I wouldn't be surprised if like 95% of SoxTalk owns this DVD. We are the definition of die hards. Every time I watch it though it makes me miss having Aaron Rowand on this team haha.

Pee ess, that win tonight was a great birthday present :)

Edited by Noonskadoodle

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 11:17 PM)
I don't have that one. I have the set with the last game against boston and the angels, and the four game sweep of the astros. That boston game 3 is awesome. El Duque!

Best inning of pitching any if us will ever see.

I have the DVD. I'm scared of flying. Every time I get on a plane, I have to watch it on repeat to keep from freaking the f*** out.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 11:21 PM)
Best inning of pitching any if us will ever see.

I have the DVD. I'm scared of flying. Every time I get on a plane, I have to watch it on repeat to keep from freaking the f*** out.

Hahaha. I am thinking about buying it even though I have the other set.

. . . I forgot to wish the OP a happy birthday in last post. Have fun.

I will never forget that El Duque performance haha

I was at the movies with some buddies watching the 40 year old virgin & kept on leaving the movie & going to the bar/restaurant in the theatre to watch the game. Once that inning came up I said forget the movie & never went back to watch it haha

That 05 run was so special.

The 4 CGs against the Angels is so impressive & I really don't think we will ever see that again in the playoffs.

QUOTE (MAX @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 12:24 AM)
Hahaha. I am thinking about buying it even though I have the other set.

. . . I forgot to wish the OP a happy birthday in last post. Have fun.

Thanks bud I appreciate it :headbang

Although all the fun was last year when I turned 21 hahaha this year all I wanted to do was watch the Sox.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)

I was at the movies with some buddies watching the 40 year old virgin & kept on leaving the movie & going to the bar/restaurant in the theatre to watch the game. Once that inning came up I said forget the movie & never went back to watch it haha

The 4 CGs against the Angels is so impressive & I really don't think we will ever see that again in the playoffs.

...why are you going to a movie in the middle of a playoff game?

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 03:28 AM)
I don't own it, and I've never seen it. :(

Man you are missing out on some crazy good stuff.

You might be able to find it semi cheap nowadays.

Its def a must buy for a Sox fan since you never know when they may win it all again. (Fingers crossed this year so I can get another DVD haha)

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 01:24 AM)
The ALCS was unlike anything that will ever happen again. 4 straight CG's, 2/3 an inning pitched by the bullpen over the entire series... its unfathomable now. What a run those guys put together.

And I was at Game 2 when AJ stole first base and won us that game. I didn't even realize Joe Crede's GW hit wasn't a home run till later that night. lol

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 11:26 PM)

you were at the movies during ALCS game?! you call yourself a die hard ? ;) cmon bro!

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 03:53 AM)
I have the 7 DVD set. Games 1-4 of the WS. Game 5 against the Angels and game 3 against the Red Sox + the2005 WS bonus DVD. Also have my own DVD I made of the parade and switching channels to ESPN and as many reports/stories of the Sox winning it all as possible.

I have all 12 postseason games on VHS tapes that I still need to convert to DVDs.

But I have the boxed set and the other two discs that were released too.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 25, 2012 -> 02:53 AM)
I have the 7 DVD set. Games 1-4 of the WS. Game 5 against the Angels and game 3 against the Red Sox + the2005 WS bonus DVD.

That's what I own. I think about watching it a lot more than I actually do though.

I actually made a thread prior to this season after watching a couple of my WS DVDs. The gist of it was don't forget how awesome that was when you b**** about the current state of the franchise...and also, don't forget how similar of a position we were in prior to the 2005 season. I will bump it if we win it all.

My vote is a no, as I don't have any Sox DVds. I was looking at a few, but they were all just for the US region. Do any of you know if there would've been any Sox DVds made with a view to the overseas market?

Any particular DVDs to recommend, both for the '05 World Series and Sox history in general?