Harrelson's rant front page ESPN news again...suspension pending?

caulfield12

QUOTE (zenryan @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 03:25 PM)
Only thing bad about his rant is how he kept repeating the same words over and over. I guess when the talentless hack isnt reading from a script, he cant come up with good material. His ego has turned himself into a character.

Talentless hack? I think you are referring to most of the umpires in baseball today. Why call Hawk a name like that? Bush league. That talentless hack has made it in baseball 50 years. Not bad.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
Or he could have just been implying that he was a s***ty umpire, which he was last night.

This is the correct interpretation. Unless the umpire is Joe West, Hawk doesn't insinuate an umpire throwing a game.

I think MLB needs to worry on how s***ty job there umpires are doing than suspending hawk, it's gotten real bad with them, the call the other day with alexei's double was pathetic, the imps aren't the show, the players are, if MLB takes action against hawk it's an admission of guilt and they are accepting the fact the UNOs have been s***ty and the know about this and do nothing about it.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 02:51 PM)
This is the correct interpretation. Unless the umpire is Joe West, Hawk doesn't insinuate an umpire throwing a game.

You don't point out the disparity between the two strike zones and then say "what does that tell you?" without implicating a bias, for whatever reason. It's a passive aggressive way of saying something without actually saying it.

The first 2+ innings of that game were terrible. Dunn got called out on two pitches way outside, and then when Qunitana threw a couple pitches CLOSER than those they were called balls. It was funny how the strike zone changed dramatically after AJ and Robin were thrown out. I'm wondering if Joyce said something to Barrett.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 06:50 AM)
I don't mind Hawk's ranting, as long as he stops sooner rather than later. I don't want to keep hearing about it 6 innings later.

Absolutely. On two occasions this season, a blown call cost the Sox a baserunner. Immediately after, they shook it off and scored a few runs to take the lead. Instead of acknowledging the team's resolve, Hawk just keeps b****ing "We should have one more!" Ugh.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
It tells me that he sucks.

So one team had a 10 inch strike zone and the other had a two foot one. That's calling it biased. How is that not saying that one team is being given an advantage? I cannot believe people refuse to acknowledge what he is saying. I'm not saying he's accusing him of being on the take.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
So one team had a 10 inch strike zone and the other had a two foot one. That's calling it biased. How is that not saying that one team is being given an advantage? I cannot believe people refuse to acknowledge what he is saying. I'm not saying he's accusing him of being on the take.

In your first post you did use the term "fix". Bias is very, very different than fix. Especially in baseball where that has a history.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)

That's pretty much exactly what you said.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 27, 2012 -> 09:58 AM)
In your first post you did use the term "fix". Bias is very, very different than fix. Especially in baseball where that has a history.

The way I originally meant it was that it could be interpreted as such. That is why I said it wouldn't be taken lightly. Someone would talk to him about not opening that can of worms. The OP was talking about suspension, but I don't believe that will happen.

I don't want MLB to end up like the NBA, where it's unfortunately trending, where you're like "no wonder, that guy is behind the plate."