8/26 Mariners at White Sox

Oh by the way, I am listening to the Mariner's radio broadcast. They went on about how the Sox pretty much have a murderer's row and everyone on this team can take anyone deep. Went on about as long as Flowers doesn't blast one out, the rain could very well end this in favor or the Mariners. LOL. Made it so sweet to hear them call his HR.

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 04:26 PM)
lol @ people bashing Tylers offense a few weeks ago. All he's doing is hitting bombs left and right

I was one of 'em. Of course, for a long while he was dreadful. Glad as hell that he's turned it around.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
I was one of 'em. Of course, for a long while he was dreadful. Glad as hell that he's turned it around.

OPS by month:

April: .569

May: .896

June: .330

July: .515

August: 1.328 (before that HR).

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 04:31 PM)
He's turned into a plus defensive catcher who calls a good game. That's all that matters IMO. The power is just a bonus.

I agree wholeheartedly. Of course it's always nice when your backups can provide some offense but I've liked Tyler's game for a long time. I just couldn't take the .180 hitting.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:38 PM)
Is Tyler Flowers showing enough here in the 2nd half to get the nod as the everyday catcher in 2013?

Have to fear overpaying AJ based on his stats for this year and the likelihood of a decline.

If we're planning on making a run to repeat as division champs, no, we need AJ back.

If we're keeping a salary of $95 million and we've sold off more pieces/stayed young, then why not.