8/26 Mariners at White Sox

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But would you agree if they threw the tarp on the field before Flower's at bat?

I think throwing the tarp out on the field while the team that's behind has the tying run on base is an absolute last resort, regardless of whether the Sox are the team that's ahead or behind.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 11:39 PM)
I think throwing the tarp out on the field while the team that's behind has the tying run on base is an absolute last resort, regardless of whether the Sox are the team that's ahead or behind.

Don't forget it slowed down for about 5 minutes after they dried the field off, and then it started to rain hard after Wise's single.

The game has importance for the first-place White Sox, who are seeking their seventh perfect homestand of six or more games in franchise history. Before taking the first two games against the Mariners, the Sox swept the Yankees.

Not only that, but you have two teams that are playing on a Sunday getaway day and both need to get out of Chicago.

Delay too long, and it could affect the White Sox tmrw against the Orioles...although it would be a pretty lame excuse, it's not just a tiny detail, either.

Edited by caulfield12

It would also be interesting if the Cubs resumed play, but we didn't.

Or vice-versa.

Quite a different feeling from last Sunday. Can't believe we could be 16 games over .500 a week later, sweeping the Yanks and the hottest (granted, against weaker teams) team in baseball in the M's.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 06:46 PM)

Or vice-versa.

Quite a different feeling from last Sunday. Can't believe we could be 16 games over .500 a week later, sweeping the Yanks and the hottest (granted, against weaker teams) team in baseball in the M's.

I don't see why they are even waiting at Wrigley. A five run game with 3 outs to go between two 5th place teams. Just call that s***.

On your 2nd point, the best part is that the Tigers went 5-1 this week and could potentially lose a game in the standings to the Sox.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 26, 2012 -> 11:48 PM)
Unfortunately, I think the score of the game has a lot to do with the wait.

If it were a 4-run lead in either direction, it would probably be over.

Quite the interesting series for this umpiring crew

Or vice-versa.

If the team that's behind tells the umps that they just want to get the f*** out of town, they'll go ahead and call that game. My guess is that Colorado did this and apparently, Seattle has not.