Game Thread 8/28: SOX @ BAL

cabiness42

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
Yet another gut check.

From that 8th inning on last night, everything is falling back to the usual pattern against the Orioles.

And BALT only 4 1/2 games behind the Yankees.

At this point, we would have to be elated with that same 1 1/2 game lead we had going into DET last time that quickly turned into 1 1/2 games down...and then quickly reversed itself again 7-10 days later.

In the end, the bullpen just hasn't done a good enough job to build that 4-5-6 game cushion we legitimately should have based on the other elements of our team...starting pitching, defense, home runs, etc.

I would say the usual pattern for August. I still have a lot of pessimism based on history. This time our disappointment might be delayed for a few weeks along with losing leads late in the game. I hope they don't collapse because the wild card is a great possibility.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:48 PM)
I would say the usual pattern for August. I still have a lot of pessimism based on history. This time our disappointment might be delayed for a few weeks along with losing leads late in the game. I hope they don't collapse because the wild card is a great possibility.

We've been in first place for most of this season. We just got done reeling off an amazing six game win streak at home. And yet just because we lost one game last night and are currently losing another one tonight, all of a sudden words like these come crashing down around here. Almost unbelievable.

1st and 2nd, 2 outs.

Another hit...10 in less than 2 innings.

Amazing.

Inning finally over. Mercy!

And yet you have a feeling the Tigers' offense will manage to come back, down only 4 in the 3rd inning.

Cabrera back from his "ankle sprain aggravation."

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:53 PM)
We've been in first place for most of this season. We just got done reeling off an amazing six game win streak at home. And yet just because we lost one game last night and are currently losing another one tonight, all of a sudden words like these come crashing down around here. Almost unbelievable.

It's how you finish. Only the Angles are worse in blown saves. They have yet to prove they can beat the best team in the division and one of the worst. Those things which are not only believable but exist don't exactly make me giddy.