Axelrod sent down; Lopez and Gimenez recalled

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)
What a selfish bastard. 9 months ago he should have realized he would be needed in the middle of a pennant race, should have wrapped it up.

Ironically this happened to Ventura in 1993. His wife gave birth on oct

7 1993. I remember an interview on tv with RV

And he said that is was bad planning. You have to calculate the 9 months and figure out

when the child is due.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:16 PM)
Ironically this happened to Ventura in 1993. His wife gave birth on oct

7 1993. I remember an interview on tv with RV

And he said that is was bad planning. You have to calculate the 9 months and figure out

when the child is due.

October 7th might be the best day to be born, EVAR.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:18 PM)
October 7th might be the best day to be born, EVAR.

I don't know. Might be disturbing somebody postseason baseball.

Why don't they want Dylan to be on a potential postseason roster? They should just keep him and then add players on the 1st

Edited by sunofgold

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
I don't know. Might be disturbing somebody postseason baseball.

Why don't they want Dylan to be on a potential postseason roster? They should just keep him and then add players on the 1st

You don't need a 5th starter with no talent on the playoff roster

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 11:37 PM)
You forgot to put that in green.

But really -- he's your 5th starter (a role that doesn't exist in the playoffs) and his stuff doesn't translate to the pen. No need for him. Phil Humber can be our long reliever/mop up guy along with Hector, Donnie Veal, or whomever else.

So, Trib says it is Lopez coming up.

Which gives the Sox 3 backup IF's, and with Flowers down, no backup C. That just doesn't seem right.

Why have Olmedo, Hudson AND Lopez? Some is going to get pushed off the 40 man roster in any case, to make room for a 3rd catcher for September, if not today.

Seems to me they can designate Olmedo and he will likely clear waivers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)

Which gives the Sox 3 backup IF's, and with Flowers down, no backup C. That just doesn't seem right.

Why have Olmedo, Hudson AND Lopez? Some is going to get pushed off the 40 man roster in any case, to make room for a 3rd catcher for September, if not today.

Lopez does seem to make sense, as ive felt all along he would be the guy on the playoff roster over Olmedo. However, I thought we may be calling up dan johnson so he could be eligible for the playoffs, as it would be nice having his left handed bat off the bench

will lopez be starting at 3rd today, giving youk a day off with a Lefty on the mound in Britton

Gimenez is coming up to cover Flowers paternity leave.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 09:24 AM)
Neither is Lopez. We know Bruney to 60 day DL is probably one of them. The second is much more interesting.

would not be surprised to see Olemdo DFA with Hudson likely coming back once Sept 1 hits

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Dan Hayes ‏@DanHayesCSN

Gregory Infante was released by #WhiteSox to make room on the 40-man roster for Lopez and Gimenez. Also, Brian Bruney placed on 60-day DL.

Makes sense. Infante was the odd man out in the bullpen stack this year, and he kind of dropped off the past couple years performance-wise.

A little surprised its Gimenez over Phegley though, unless they want to avoid starting Phegley's clock, since it isn't 9/1 yet.