Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
Always seems we have to roll into Detroit on a tail end of a road trip. Hopefully they don't look as worn out/exhausted this time around.

With Guthrie facing the Tigers tonight there is a very good chance we will be in Detroit tomorrow w/ a 2 game lead. Hopefully Peavy can come up big for us. :)

Does seem Sox always finish a roadtrip with weekend series in Detroit alot!

The Tiggs could falter in September. Maybe tired from last years playoff run. Not counting on it but it could happen.

Wild card teams will be at a disadvantage this season however the Wildcard game Winner gets the first two games at home. That Helps a little. Little bit of a disadvantage of being the #1 seed. This year only. Being #2 seed might be where it is at.

Hey stat lovers ... it seems to me the Sox almost always suck in 4 game series on the road. What is the Sox record in 4 game road series compared to other contenders? Except for Seattle or somewhere like that, don't the Sox always faceplant in 4game road series? A split in a 4-game road series is cause for a parade.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:58 PM)
Hey stat lovers ... it seems to me the Sox almost always suck in 4 game series on the road. What is the Sox record in 4 game road series compared to other contenders? Except for Seattle or somewhere like that, don't the Sox always faceplant in 4game road series? A split in a 4-game road series is cause for a parade.

They just won 3 of 4 in Toronto

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)

vs Bal 1-3

vs Bos 1-3

at Cle 2-2

at NY 2-2

at Bos 1-3

at Tor 3-1

at Bal 1-3, barring a miracle finish

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:00 PM)
vs Bal 1-3

vs Bos 1-3

at Cle 2-2

at NY 2-2

at Bos 1-3

at Tor 3-1

at Bal 1-3, barring a miracle finish

Thanks.

So that adds up to 11-17. I wonder how other teams would fare in a similar stretch. Probably just a couple games better is all. The 2-6 vs. baltimore is pretty s***ty.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:06 PM)
Thanks.

So that adds up to 11-17. I wonder how other teams would fare in a similar stretch. Probably just a couple games better is all. The 2-6 vs. baltimore is pretty s***ty.

2-6 vs Boston is even worse

Get used to more 4-game series next year. Based on the phillies schedule I saw, there will be 19 games against the division teams, so one of those series will be 4-game.

There will be 11, 4-game series, including one that's 2 home/2 away against the Cubs.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (Real @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
these guys need to look at themselves in the mirror if we lose this game, AJ should be first in line

He called a horrible game today, just horrible. To the point I was wondering why he was pitching right to hitters tendencies

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:09 PM)
He called a horrible game today, just horrible. To the point I was wondering why he was pitching right to hitters tendencies

You have to wonder if his slump at the plate is causing him to lose his focus behind the plate. He's playing just awful baseball of late.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:10 PM)
You have to wonder if his slump at the plate is causing him to lose his focus behind the plate. He's playing just awful baseball of late.

Hope it doesn't come out later that he was concerned about his future and next contract negotiation looming in the offseason...as the reason why he's struggling now so much late in the season.

Would rather believe it's because Ventura pushed him too hard in the first 3-4 months and didn't give him enough time off.

Edited by caulfield12