Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 10:47 PM)
Just cause you're slow doesn't mean you don't have to hustle down the bases and/or throw your bat and hang your head in disgust whenever you pop a ball up. As the captain, he needs to lead by example. Something I've always respected Jeter for is that he hustles on every play, regardless of how routine an out it is. With that said, Ventura did a great job in changing the culture of the team this year in order to get them to hustle more often on routine plays. I'm pretty sure it was Dick Allen on here that used to cite an article he read where scouts couldn't even get home to first times on the Sox a few years ago cause no one was hustling.

You obviously don't like the shoulder shrug. It doesn't bother me. He's a big, slow as an ox. No need to run hard every time. Now DeAza? He has to sprint. we need him back in the lineup BTW. Badly.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
You obviously don't like the shoulder shrug. It doesn't bother me. He's a big, slow as an ox. No need to run hard every time. Now DeAza? He has to sprint. we need him back in the lineup BTW. Badly.

I have to say D-Wise has filled in better than I could have possibly imagined.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 03:48 PM)
sweep = miracle

two = it's all good

one = could be much worse

swept = partial meltdown

Partial only because of the fact we were already swept there once, so it wouldn't be AS shocking, although we do have our 3 best pitchers slated to go.

And we have the four game home series still on the calendar.

We lose those first two though, ESPN Sunday Night, all the pressure on Sale going against Verlander...you'll already have that partial meltdown, especially if the Tigers would be going back into first place again by one game.

Then you have the recent play of Balt, Oakland and the Rays, and the Angels are going to make one more run at it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)
Some people don't seem to mind if we lose 3 of 4. I prefer to look at it that we blew a big opportunity to start making Detroit doubt. Detroit will have plenty of confidence again that the Tigers can blow us away this weekend.

Cmon. The guy is the slowest player in baseball.

That's because of their 3rd and 4th hitter. Even when they lose they make it very close. The Sox are going to need quality starts. I don't trust the pen against a team that rallies late.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:42 PM)
Partial only because of the fact we were already swept there once, so it wouldn't be AS shocking, although we do have our 3 best pitchers slated to go.

And we have the four game home series still on the calendar.

We lose those first two though, ESPN Sunday Night, all the pressure on Sale going against Verlander...you'll already have that partial meltdown, especially if the Tigers would be going back into first place again by one game.

Then you have the recent play of Balt, Oakland and the Rays, and the Angels are going to make one more run at it.

The Sox are bad in 4 game series.

Somehow this week is more fun rooting against the Tigers than rooting FOR the White Sox.

Maybe because Monday sucked, and the White Sox didn't show up to play Tuesday and seemed like they were more concerned with getting to the airport on time to get out of town than winning the game Thursday...

To think we went 1-3 this week and are going to gain 1/2 game on the Tigers...can't believe it. And obviously this game is FAR from over.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
What happened?

Wild pitch? Why was Butler trying to score there?

How can you have 1st and 3rd, no outs, and not score the 3rd run there?

Oh we've seen that before during the Walker era.

KC may have the best record in the division this month.