Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:11 PM)
For a rookie pitcher who is 7-0 with a 3.20 ERA and averages almost a strikeout an inning for a first place team, Nate Jones gets an incredible amount of crap on this board. He's no HOFer, but he's been a lot better than could be reasonably expected.

Agreed, he's perfect for the role he's being used in.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
So, Kenny has to try getting another starting pitcher, right? He can't possibly try to go the next month with a rotation where the 4/5 is Quintana and Axelrod/Santiago?

This game came too soon. I was still savoring yesterday's victory. We need to put up some crooked numbers on the board, win, and jet out of the Balts.

I haven't gone through this thread very closely, so if I'm repeating this, sorry...

They need to start Santiago on Monday, and Axelrod on Tuesday. Skip Quintana a turn. He's spent.

Also, sign Bedard or just somebody. Because if Sale is bad on Sunday with lower velocity, he needs to be skipped too.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:28 PM)
I haven't gone through this thread very closely, so if I'm repeating this, sorry...

They need to start Santiago on Monday, and Axelrod on Tuesday. Skip Quintana a turn. He's spent.

Also, sign Bedard or just somebody. Because if Sale is bad on Sunday with lower velocity, he needs to be skipped too.

Couldn't agree more with you. Hopefully KW and Cooper aren't being stubborn about the pitching. Bedard could be a good fit as lefties really struggle against him. Thus, you can have him face teams like the Twins and Indians.