Slumpbusted Gamethread: Orioles vs White Sox

Kyyle23

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
For a rookie pitcher who is 7-0 with a 3.20 ERA and averages almost a strikeout an inning for a first place team, Nate Jones gets an incredible amount of crap on this board. He's no HOFer, but he's been a lot better than could be reasonably expected.

Wins/Losses for a middle reliever have to rank up there with blown saves for set up men as the worlds worst stats.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
Since the Tigers swept the Sox in July:

Sox 22-12

Det 17-16

Everyone chill.

So you've enjoyed this series? We might be fighting this team for a playoff spot and we've taken a giant s***.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
So you've enjoyed this series? We might be fighting this team for a playoff spot and we've taken a giant s***.

It really sucks Boston and Toronto are so banged up, as they play Baltimore a ton down the stretch. I don't exactly trust Zach Stewart.

QUOTE (tonyho7476 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:39 PM)

The new format is going to penalize the wild card a lot more. The odds a wild card team wins the extra game and then wins a best-of-5 has gone way down, and that will be proven over the next 10-20 years.

So unless the Sox win the division, I really don't give them much of a chance anyway.

Sox lose 3 of 4 in Baltimore at this stage of the season? Wow. I'd have never thought Kansas City would actually save the day against Detroit. Can the Royals actually sweep the Tigers? If Detroit as expected would have swept KC, I'm thinking most all of baseball would be preparing for a Detroit mauling of the Sox this weekend. Now it's just two floundering teams going at it. Anything can happen this weekend.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:43 PM)
The new format is going to penalize the wild card a lot more. The odds a wild card team wins the extra game and then wins a best-of-5 has gone way down, and that will be proven over the next 10-20 years.

So unless the Sox win the division, I really don't give them much of a chance anyway.

Its not ideal, but at least we will be in. If we don't make the playoffs, after being in first most of the year, its going to be real dissappointing.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)
Sox lose 3 of 4 in Baltimore at this stage of the season? Wow. I'd have never thought Kansas City would actually save the day against Detroit. Can the Royals actually sweep the Tigers? If Detroit as expected would have swept KC, I'm thinking most all of baseball would be preparing for a Detroit mauling of the Sox this weekend. Now it's just two floundering teams going at it. Anything can happen this weekend.

Sox had a bad series, and still has won 7 of their last 10 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 07:46 PM)
Sox had a bad series, and still has won 7 of their last 10 games.

Then I should say Sox are floundering badly as a road team suddenly. Sox look like a very bad team on the road now. The O's just massacred Quintana.

Edited by greg775

Always seems we have to roll into Detroit on a tail end of a road trip. Hopefully they don't look as worn out/exhausted this time around.

With Guthrie facing the Tigers tonight there is a very good chance we will be in Detroit tomorrow w/ a 2 game lead. Hopefully Peavy can come up big for us. :)

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 01:47 PM)
flavum, I see the Sox as missing Diamond next week. Where did you see they'd face him.

I thought he was serving a 6-game suspension for throwing at Hamilton. I may have assumed he'll be back by then. I hope they do miss him.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 30, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
I thought he was serving a 6-game suspension for throwing at Hamilton. I may have assumed he'll be back by then. I hope they do miss him.

Ugh, you're right...we'll see him on Tuesday or Wednesday likely. We should miss Guthrie next weekend, but it's a shame we keep missing the Fresh Prince.

Edited by fathom