Our White Sox vs. Detroit p**** Cats 6:05 CSN

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
we gon' walk the bases loaded then not get a hit and lose. Game over.

fin.

poetic ending

I'm just kidding before someone rages at me for not being positive enough

Gordon's going to hit a 600 ft grand slam.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 10:09 PM)
I get tired of fans harping at other fans s***ty attitude due to the Sox s***ty performance. This happens, grow a pair and get use to it.

That's because you DO NOT sound like "fan" when all you do is post negatively.

& Grow a pair? Hahahaha if I was REAL I would have some lame comeback to that....

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 02:12 AM)
Looking at Tank's splits is really alarming. He's been awful outside of May.

When ADA gets back, you have to consider sitting Viciedo more against RHP. That shoulder injury seemed to ruin any rhythm he might have been getting into.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 09:15 PM)
When ADA gets back, you have to consider sitting Viciedo more against RHP. That shoulder injury seemed to ruin any rhythm he might have been getting into.

I wouldn't risk it. He still has time to get hot and carry the team. He crushed a ball tonight that's a HR in every other park around. I'd rather have the ceiling be much higher than the floor raised a little.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
That's because you DO NOT sound like "fan" when all you do is post negatively.

& Grow a pair? Hahahaha if I was REAL I would have some lame comeback to that....

Oh wow, does that mean Reinsdorf is going to take away my Jr. Fire Marshall Sox kiddie badge?

The world doesn't really care and other's here (see above sarcasm for a clue) if a person meets your definition of "DO NOT sound like "fan".

There might be some Sox fan who paid $$$ for seat in Detroit doing the same thing.

Grow a pair. Let it go.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 03:17 AM)
I wouldn't risk it. He still has time to get hot and carry the team. He crushed a ball tonight that's a HR in every other park around. I'd rather have the ceiling be much higher than the floor raised a little.

I think you pick and choose which righties he would face. Someone like Verlander, I would absolutely go with Wise and ADA in the outfield. Viciedo's strikeout splits vs LHP/RHP are crazy.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)

Possibly AJ when Flowers comes back. He's having a bad week or two all around.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 02:20 AM)
Guys, its not over yet. Let's hope for a miracle W tomorrow.

It gets to a point (and maybe this is a defense mechanism I'm using) where it's hard to believe the Sox deserve the AL Central title if they get dominated by the Tigers during the second half of the year. If they go something like 2-8 or 1-9 vs them after the ASB, then you probably aren't going to beat them in the standings. At some point, you have to beat your main competition head-to-head and not make the Royals do your dirty work.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
And this season is OVAH! We had a good run, but this sweep will be too hard to rebound from. At least we got football in less than a week!

I'm a Colt's fan and I want another 3-4 game win season for another top pick.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)
It gets to a point (and maybe this is a defense mechanism I'm using) where it's hard to believe the Sox deserve the AL Central title if they get dominated by the Tigers during the second half of the year. If they go something like 2-8 or 1-9 vs them after the ASB, then you probably aren't going to beat them in the standings. At some point, you have to beat your main competition head-to-head and not make the Royals do your dirty work.

Yes, agreed. If we get swept this weekend it will be tough to rebound from for a myriad if reasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:22 PM)

Yes, agreed. If we get swept this weekend it will be tough to rebound from for a myriad of reasons.

Edited by JohnCangelosi

The Jake Peavy trade is officially a bust. Richard, Poreda, and whoever else suck, but the money they paid him has not been worth his performance, and he has choked in any "big" game has pitched in. And Hawk needs to stop talking about how Peavy "battles", he doesnt get paid to battle, he gets paid to get motherf***ers out.

That being said, the meltdowns in this thread have been even better than I could have imagined. The odds don't look good for this weekend, but who predicted a Royals sweep this past week? No matter what, the Sox will be on first place on Labor Day morning and they have zero games left in Detroit. f*** it, Sox = 2012 AL Central Champs. :gosoxretro: