GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
Why are you running for Johnson here? Much more likely you need his bat in the 9th against Valverde than his speed hurting you this inning.

Like it matters. We've seen this kind of late season funk before. This sweep is no different than the metrodome tailspins. Hell, they even tried to blow it in '05 and if it weren't for a dropped ball in KC , may well have done just that. But I remain hopeful that they will come home and find their mojo and still make a run at the post season. Just hate to see them play like they expect to lose.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Like it matters. We've seen this kind of late season funk before. This sweep is no different than the metrodome tailspins. Hell, they even tried to blow it in '05 and if it weren't for a dropped ball in KC , may well have done just that. But I remain hopeful that they will come home and find their mojo and still make a run at the post season. Just hate to see them play like they expect to lose.

Hopefully they can have some huge crowds next week.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Does anyone swing first pitch more than that ahole? Throw a slider.

This is an organization of overly aggressive hackers. Our hitters can't wait to get themselves out. They act like the have no concept of a plan or strategy. If the pitcher happens to throw the ball in the zone we might run into one.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
What happened?

I just used my log-in here to see if I had ever made an account there, and apparently not only do I have the same account name, it was banned. I think a bunch of us in chat were trolling over there like 5 years ago or something. Now I can't make new account lol

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
What does that mean?

Any IP addresses associated with my account (like the one I stupidly just signed in with) are not allowed to view, register, post, etc

We need to do a better job either vetting players we pick up for testicular fortitude or do a better job at prepping players that they move through the system. Year after year of the post asb choke to the teams that they need to beat. It's the baseball equivalent of how teams attack the Blackhawks. Punch the sox right in the mouth, run your mouth against them and then watch them crumble and counter.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:49 PM)
We need to do a better job either vetting players we pick up for testicular fortitude or do a better job at prepping players that they move through the system. Year after year of the post asb choke to the teams that they need to beat. It's the baseball equivalent of how teams attack the Blackhawks. Punch the sox right in the mouth, run your mouth against them and then watch them crumble and counter.

Two nights in a row Farmio has wondered aloud why in tarnation you'd ever throw Delmon Young a first pitch fastball. Maybe we need someone sort of quality control coach/aboriginee with blowdart experience intercepting some of these baseball decisions before they make their way onto the field.