GT: 9/1/2012 THIS IS REAL Sox vs Tiggers

Jake

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:04 AM)
But so many people told me that was a great idea and I should ignore his >5 ERA.

He hasn't been bad, it's just Tigers are an awful match-up for him. He should have been slotted to face the Twins. At least we didn't give up much for him, as it would have hurt more to give up a ton for Greinke and have the entire team collapse around him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
He hasn't been bad, it's just Tigers are an awful match-up for him. He should have been slotted to face the Twins. At least we didn't give up much for him, as it would have hurt more to give up a ton for Greinke and have the entire team collapse around him.

I'd call 5 walks in 2.1 innings "He's been bad", I don't care who the matchup is. Throw a **** strike and see if they can hit it.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Sox aren't just losing games at Detroit, they're not even coming close to winning games there. No lead for more than a half an inning since the Dunn homer off of Valverde.

Feels like last season.

At the beginning of the season, we were road warriors and struggling at home, now it's the other way around.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:04 PM)
KW really needed to find a pitcher during the waiver period. As soon as Floyd went down, there should have been a rush to find someone.

I don't think ANYONE, let alone KW, expected that Axelrod could go out and basically throw 5 quality starts in 7 tries.

That's revisionist thinking, based on how he's pitched a couple of times out this year. He's also been lit up like a Christmas tree.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)
Sox aren't just losing games at Detroit, they're not even coming close to winning games there. No lead for more than a half an inning since the Dunn homer off of Valverde.

The Sox are mentally weak. They do this always. They let teams get inside their heads. It isn't surprising at all.

QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:08 AM)
Feels like last season.

So the Sox lose by 15 tomorrow? The funny thing is that even if that happens, they still have to rebound immediately on Monday vs the Twins. Ventura's legacy for this season could easily be made/broken by how the team looks after this series is over.