The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
The rest of this game figures to be one big party in Detroit. How quickly things change. Everybody in Motown hated that team after the KC series. Now they'll be WS contenders in the eyes of their people.

And why shouldn't they be?

Jackson, Fielder, Cabrera, Verlander and Scherzer alone can carry that team...

When they get contributions from their complementary players, they're just so tough to beat. Nearly impossible for the Sox to take out in Detroit.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:08 AM)
Yet there is still no point in calling for some of the crap some people on here will. There is still 29 games to go.

I couldn't agree more with the fact people shouldn't give up on the season after tonight. Still tied with a lot of home games left. The Sox really couldn't have played worse this week. I said a few days ago, but Ventura's legacy for this season will be reflected by how the team performs the 10 days.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:09 AM)
Why to draw a walk? The Ab Friday when he looked at a ball right down the middle at 88 MPH was embarrassing as he then proceeded to whiff on a curve in the dirt.

He was in a lot of pain on Friday (which makes you wonder why he was even playing)

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:07 PM)
Seriously, I feel you watch different games than everyone else. 93 mph to Peralta was the first time he got there all night.

I just went through every batter since the 3rd inning and basically every one that saw 2+ fastballs saw at least 92 and most saw 93. Hit 94 to Austin Jackson earlier as well.

This is basically the Sale I remember most of the season, velocity-wise. Likes to throw a slow first strike, then mostly 92 and up with 2 strikes.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
I couldn't agree more with the fact people shouldn't give up on the season after tonight. Still tied with a lot of home games left. The Sox really couldn't have played worse this week. I said a few days ago, but Ventura's legacy for this season will be reflected by how the team performs the 10 days.

They played bad but they have those games to make up for it. If this were it I would be pissed. Fortunately plenty of baseball left.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:09 AM)
A piece of s*** human being hits a piece of s*** home run. Honestly wouldn't feel a damn thing if he ends up dead tomorrow.

It's been a long time since I just knew one of our guys was going to lash a hit like I (and all of you) knew Young was going to mash in that situation. He just exuded confidence and studliness on that at bat. He knew he was going to come through.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:09 PM)
A piece of s*** human being hits a piece of s*** home run. Honestly wouldn't feel a damn thing if he ends up dead tomorrow.

What's his story? All I can remember is something about anti-Semitism

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
It's been a long time since I just knew one of our guys was going to lash a hit like I (and all of you) knew Young was going to mash in that situation. He just exuded confidence and studliness on that at bat. He knew he was going to come through.

It's gotta be the mustache

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:08 PM)
Yet there is still no point in calling for some of the crap some people on here will. There is still 29 games to go.

I still laugh at some people on here( I know who you are) that were calling for a 5-10 year rebuild.

There's nobody left to trade.

They would be pretty foolish to keep Floyd around for $9.5 million next year. Thornton and Crain will get you what exactly?

The only asset we have to trade is probably Alexei Ramirez...and that's a dubious move at best unless it nets us Jurickson Profar in return, which will never happen.

I suppose they could deal Rios or Dunn, but how would they sell any season tickets for next year...trading Dunn or Rios, letting Floyd go, trading Thornton/Crain, letting YOUK, AJ and Peavy all walk.

Good luck on that one, Brooks.

Which is why it's not within the realm of possibility of transpiring.

Somehow, marketing 2013 as the "Return of John Danks" isn't going to inspire much confidence in the fanbase.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:12 PM)
Paulie has looked pathetic for most of the year besides that one month he was ridiculously hot. He used to get clutch hits all the time, whats wrong with him?

Just like the rest of the roster save Jordan Danks, the manager, the coaches, the announcers..................he sucks. You'll find all the information on this board.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:12 PM)
Paulie has looked pathetic for most of the year besides that one month he was ridiculously hot. He used to get clutch hits all the time, whats wrong with him?

He's just being Paulie. At least it's not one of those season long slumps.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)

I didn't. I had complete faith in Sale. He was not giving him fastballs, and he was 0-2 with 2 Ks tonight, right? I didn't expect Delmon to somehow rip a HR off his ankles.