The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Jake I never thought I would be joining your side with the optimists. But here I am.

There is legitimate cause for concern here, but this series/game/inning is not going to be my impetus to hang it up. I've seen too much to the contrary...I'm going to let us get into a hole and play poorly somewhere other than Comerica Park before I lose my mind. Our team is relevant again and I like knowing that the expectation for next season will remain making the playoffs instead of just developing prospects or something like that.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:31 PM)
It caused Detroit problems too, but they take care of business against us. They dont choke.

Detroit doesn't choke, the White Sox do nothing but choke, and in the standings they are tied. Don't let the facts smack you on the ass. Your posts are beyond ridiculous.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
There is legitimate cause for concern here, but this series/game/inning is not going to be my impetus to hang it up. I've seen too much to the contrary...I'm going to let us get into a hole and play poorly somewhere other than Comerica Park before I lose my mind. Our team is relevant again and I like knowing that the expectation for next season will remain making the playoffs instead of just developing prospects or something like that.

Well said.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:31 AM)
Sure they are the better team, but the Sox had put themselves in a position of power by beating teams better than the White Sox. They were in position where one win would have had them in great shape. They lose all 3. Even if you don't have the better team you can win a game or two. The Royals just took 3 from them. Are the Royals the better team? Of course not.

Tigers are a completely different monster at home compared to on the road. Sox also had to face 2 of the best pitchers on the planet over the last few months. KC didn't have to face Scherzer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:22 PM)
Our guys aren't going to do the unsportsmanlike thing and embarass Cabrera. It's not right, you know. We wouldn't try to take advantage of him like that even with a division at stake.

I'm just calling the Sox out on their being p*****s and failing to show up and win one damn game in Detroit again. That's all they had to do, win one lousy game instead of make this one of the worst weekends of my baseball life. I can be furious at their laying down against Detroit, but yes there is a chance the Sox could still make the playoffs. Detroit could start sucking again. If Detroit sucks and the Sox win at home and lose on the road the rest of the way, playoffs are still possible.

:lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
I was way angrier in 2005 with the Indians charging hard and when the team was throwing away games in 2006 and 2010 (the Thome game). I flat out believe Tigers are the better, deeper team now. No shame in that, but I know a lot of people don't believe they're the better team.

3+4th guys are leaders in about every hitting category

Congrats to Fielder for making quick transition to the AL.

QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Detroit will not lose. But if they did, I will never post here again.

Odds are 50/50 that tomorrow will be your last day on this site. You are gawn cause baseball is a strange game.

This is just like the last series in Detroit. Leaving town beaten and battered and embarassed. Can the Sox do what they did last time? Immediately regain the division lead in advance of the next Sox-Tigers series? Or is this the end? How many games are we up for the second wild card?