The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD

Steve9347

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:01 AM)
Delmon Young doing what Sox hitters have not been able to do all series, get a big hit.

Were you predicting that or is your TV feed about 8 pitches ahead of mine?

Say this about the Sox, when they are bad, they are really bad, when they are good they are really good. Their performance in some of these road series of late has been laughably rotten. We get swept. Nice job, Sox, way to compete this weekend.

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:04 AM)
Why shut Sale down? I don't see anything physically holding him back. We have games to win and he's going to help us win them

His velocity is way down. I'd rather ensure his health for years to come then to force him face the Royals next weekend.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
His velocity is way down. I'd rather ensure his health for years to come then to force him face the Royals next weekend.

Looks pretty normal to me? 91-93 this entire game

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:04 AM)
Oh just wait until this game is over. People will be calling for a complete overhaul.

Well, they sure as hell didn't show up this week on the road. Basically everyone has sucked on the roster this week outside of Axelrod and Veal.

9 losses in their last 10 road games.

7 in a row for Detroit over the SOX.

3-18 in last 21 in DET.

It's not like the Twins' back in the day. The Tigers are just better than us...but they underachieve enough against other teams that they kept us in first place for most of the season before turning it on again at the end of the season.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
The rest of this game figures to be one big party in Detroit. How quickly things change. Everybody in Motown hated that team after the KC series. Now they'll be WS contenders in the eyes of their people.

Enjoy it while they can, because they won't make the playoffs.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:06 PM)
Well, they sure as hell didn't show up this week on the road. Basically everyone has sucked on the roster this week outside of Axelrod and Veal.

Yet there is still no point in calling for some of the crap some people on here will. There is still 29 games to go.

I still laugh at some people on here( I know who you are) that were calling for a 5-10 year rebuild.

Edited by Baron

This is why you don't shuffle pitching staffs and look ahead to a series. All games are the same. Sox should just concentrate on beating the KC's and Minnie's of the world and not look ahead to a series like this. Baseball also should be ashamed. Why do we play the Tigers two straight series in Detroit. Isn't it almost always flip flopped? Three or four games in the Cell; next series in Detroit; back to the Cell.

I'd think we could have won one of three in Chicago against these guys.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
Why shut Sale down? I don't see anything physically holding him back. We have games to win and he's going to help us win them

So you didn't want to get rid of Zach because of some sort of "feeling". The tigers have been putting it to the Sox head to head and you think that the Tigers are not better. And now a guy who is throwing 89-90 that was throwing 94-95 two weeks ago is not showing any physical limitations. I think we might have found Guillens long lost magic 8 ball.