Motivate Your Chicago White Sox!!!

The Ultimate Champion

No bulls***.

No backhanded compliments.

No Tigger love.

Just motivate this team.

Please, for the love of GOD somebody post the following videos for me because I'm too dumb to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf-eXgCyCO4

Feel free to post your own motivational material.

Again, no bulls***. This is serious business. Our Sox are down & they need our help.

I'm wondering how many more times the Sox can pick themselves up after looking like s*** in a series. Face facts. No way in hell the Sox win on Sunday. In fact, it could really be one of those ugly 10-2 type games on TV.

So now the Sox, who had built a nice three game lead again see it down to zero. Will the scenario continue of the Sox shrugging that off and building another 3-4 game lead by the time of the 4-game series against Detroit in the Cell. Or this time will the Sox turn into Cleveland the entire month of September?

It has to be tough to be a White Sox player having wet the bed two straight series in Detroit, single handedly letting Detroit back in it on two separate occasions. What they built has crumbled twice now courtesy of a pair of sweeps. To be fair, all we really figured to do this series was win one game max and keep our two game advantage. The sox still have the opportunity to do that, but I think we all know what is going to happen Sunday night. It will be another win for Detroit and the Sox again will have recuscitated the Tigers.

Too bad.

The question is ... can the Sox bounce back yet again after staggering out of Detroit having gotten swept?

So my motivation is telling the White Sox I do not believe they can beat Detroit head to head and maybe they can prove me wrong.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
I'm wondering how many more times the Sox can pick themselves up after looking like s*** in a series. Face facts. No way in hell the Sox win on Sunday.

Okay so all I want to know now is where is the time machine and how do I use it because I have all kinds of s*** I need to go back & invent before other people do/did.

Edit:

Greg, right now I'm listening to the Tony Robbins link above which I'm sure you've clicked by now. It's time to resolve those inner conflicts. Let's get it right. Let's get this team going. Think of it as unlock & unleash, that's the third pillar.

Edited by The Ultimate Champion

For a team expected to lose 90 games, they sure have made something of the season.

But with inevitable changes looming, they will need to win this division and compete in the first round for it not to completely be a disappointment.

Let's beat Mr Perfect Verlander himself, make Miggy looks like he's smoking dope and beat Detroit tomorrow by its unemployment level.

For Paul Konerko:

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Albert Einstein

For Alex:

Hope is the dream of a man awake.

French Proverb

For Chris Sale tomorrow:

Every ceiling, when reached, becomes a floor, upon which one walks as a matter of course and prescriptive right.

Aldous Huxley

“I know this, the last two days our team has been real dialed in,’’ Konerko said. “Maybe too dialed in, I don’t know. Definitely not a passive, scared approach. Very aggressive. On the attack. Just beaten. So you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get back out there and give ’em hell and see what happens.’’

If this is giving them hell then I guess it's time to pick up our participation medals.

For the TANK:

In this world a man must either be an anvil or hammer.

Henry W. Longfellow

YOUK:

The real leader has no need to lead--

he is content to point the way.

Henry Miller

M-Thor or whatever his Ventura name is:

Never let life's hardships disturb you ... no one can avoid problems, not even saints or sages.

Nichiren Daishonen

I wish I was drunk so I can do another "this is real" rant, I feel I could probably "shoot" another gem.

Last I checked the season doesn't end for another month right. Win or lose tomorrow there is still a MONTH full of baseball to go.

Detroits coming to Chicago next time, we beat them here before (3-2), and we can do it again. Detroit is 19-6 at home in the 2nd half, yet here the Sox are, STILL in first place .

Now is not the time to lose faith, if we get swept in Chicago then yes by all means go jump off a bridge or whatever you gotta do to alleviate the pain...Just for now, don't try to spoil it for us people who still believe.

Que Journey.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 11:52 PM)
“I know this, the last two days our team has been real dialed in,’’ Konerko said. “Maybe too dialed in, I don’t know. Definitely not a passive, scared approach. Very aggressive. On the attack. Just beaten. So you have to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, get back out there and give ’em hell and see what happens.’’

If this is giving them hell then I guess it's time to pick up our participation medals.

This reminds me of that one time when Paulie was in the desert and that runner came up to him all gassed & Paulie pointed to a handheld TV or something and then the guy started running again.

Paulie is kind of like the Sox odometer, bland & boring but he knows the road traveled. He believes in his guys. They're like his puppies.

Great point, 2nd.

Thing is, Detroit could sweep us & then drop 2-3 while we sweep the Twins. Thinking back over these last few games vs. the Tigers, tonight vs. Scherzer & the last Verlander outing against us were the only games that come to mind where we flat out got beat. The Tigers have handed us games but we haven't taken advantage; it's not like they're unbeatable, and it's not like they can't go 3-7 over their next 10.

All we have to do is get in.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:04 AM)
Great point, 2nd.

Thing is, Detroit could sweep us & then drop 2-3 while we sweep the Twins. Thinking back over these last few games vs. the Tigers, tonight vs. Scherzer & the last Verlander outing against us were the only games that come to mind where we flat out got beat. The Tigers have handed us games but we haven't taken advantage; it's not like they're unbeatable, and it's not like they can't go 3-7 over their next 10.

All we have to do is get in.

Beating the Tigers and not hoping that they fall off a cliff is a better approach. Sure the Tigers are flawed. But that flawed team keeps kicking the s*** out of us. This is the same thought process that I saw when we watched those flawed Twins teams stomp on us on their way to the division crown.

Thing is, the Sox are generally the one playing the better baseball. The Twins had less talent but could play 9 innings without beating themselves; we couldn't go 6 without screwing something up. The much maligned infield choppers were only a factor vs. the Twins because they could keep the game close enough for those things to matter.

The Sox don't gift as many victories as the Tigers do. We can have faith that our team will play better ball than they will for the remaining number of games this season because, so far, they've shown that to be the case.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:15 AM)
Thing is, the Sox are generally the one playing the better baseball. The Twins had less talent but could play 9 innings without beating themselves; we couldn't go 6 without screwing something up. The much maligned infield choppers were only a factor vs. the Twins because they could keep the game close enough for those things to matter.

The Sox don't gift as many victories as the Tigers do. We can have faith that our team will play better ball than they will for the remaining number of games this season because, so far, they've shown that to be the case.

We have to eventually beat them head to head. We are not taking advantage of their defensive issues. How man bunts have been sent Cabrera's way? As bad as their defense is they can catch the fly balls lofted into the air on the first or second pitch by our hitters.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:52 PM)

He needs to be punched in the nuts.