Motivate Your Chicago White Sox!!!

The Ultimate Champion

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
We have to eventually beat them head to head. We are not taking advantage of their defensive issues. How man bunts have been sent Cabrera's way? As bad as their defense is they can catch the fly balls lofted into the air on the first or second pitch by our hitters.

Most importantly, we could have taken the series by the throat in the 4th with bases loaded, tie game and no outs.

Youk hit a liner to 3rd, Dunn K'd and Konerko failed.

That inning has defined entire season series....4-9 now, 6 losses in a row, 17 losses out of our past 20 in DET.

Those are nearly the exact name numbers we used to put up in Minnesota.

QUOTE (The Ultimate Champion @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:31 PM)
Okay so all I want to know now is where is the time machine and how do I use it because I have all kinds of s*** I need to go back & invent before other people do/did.

Edit:

Greg, right now I'm listening to the Tony Robbins link above which I'm sure you've clicked by now. It's time to resolve those inner conflicts. Let's get it right. Let's get this team going. Think of it as unlock & unleash, that's the third pillar.

The river runs both ways. People say after getting swept by Detroit they'll go on a tear. OK that's using history. Let's also look at history again. Under Manuel and Guillen the Sox wet the bed against the Twins and under Guillen and Ventura they wet the bed against the Tigers.

I love pissing on these "oh the fans need some mojo to rub off on the Sox" just because they are fun to piss on. I praise them when they are good and criticize them when they are bad. Sorry I didn't grow up in the "everyone gets a trophy era".

What I do has no effect on their play. The only thing they can do is remove my suspicion that this is another mentally weak Sox team.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 11:23 PM)
We have to eventually beat them head to head. We are not taking advantage of their defensive issues. How man bunts have been sent Cabrera's way? As bad as their defense is they can catch the fly balls lofted into the air on the first or second pitch by our hitters.

In baseball you can avoid that by beating the teams you are suppose to. The Sox squandered games against the Astros. Then opening the season with "let's try Thorton as a closer Epic fail part 2. Some first place teams will have a losing record against division opponents. The way the A's are playing and the Rangers are probably glad they don't have to face us for a couple of series.

I'm kinda tired of all these excuses people have

"We can't beat them in their ballpark"

"they have really good pitching"

"We just have trouble against them"

etc..

Nah, we gotta beat this team. Tired of excuses. We're just playing like complete crap and it has nothing to do with anything external. We gotta stop playing like poo.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 02:21 AM)
Or Greg?

Here and accounted for.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 03:14 AM)
All of the drama queens are surprisingly quiet when the road warrior Indians win in Detroit.

How the hell can that happen? Seriously? I think we'd all agree we could have played Detroit in a 10-game series in Detroit and Detroit would have won all 10. Immediately Sox leave town and the Tigers lose. See? To all of the people on here who said stuff like, "Let's face it, Detroit just has a better team.' Well ... Detroit also has a MUCH better team than Cleveland and got beat. WTF??