If you could bring a dead rock star back to life

Spiritinthesky

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 10:57 AM)
Lennon would be choice #1. I would have loved to have seen what he did with his life.

After that, probably Freddy Mercury.

The OP stated bring back someone for one gig, not for good, or else I probably would go Lennon as well. For one gig, though, it would be Hendrix for sure.

Since most people are giving the standard Hendrix, Mercury, Lennon answers, I'll go with a little less popular answer and say Danny Whitten from Crazy Horse. Most have never heard of him, but man was he a talent. Listen to Neil Young's - Live From the Fillmore East and hear just how amazing the band was when Whitten was alive. His death was also the inspiration for Neil Young's famed "Ditch Trilogy" of albums. Young was in a great depression because he had fired Whitten because he was too messed up and gave him a plane ticket and some money to enter rehab, well Whitten took that money and scored some dope with it and overdosed and died. That emotion led Young to record possibly the best three albums of his career.