Deltas vs. Omegas

Quin

What the hell is going on with Konerko?

Jesus of Nazareth.

It would be very 2005ish if Axelrod and Santiago end up mirroring Brandon McCarthy down the stretch...but who is our Contreras?

FWIW, Santiago also made his debut against the Twins last year in relief....maybe both of his appearances were against them, but at least one.

I remember starting a thread about Hector as a 2012 starter that day...only for him to end up our closer in ST.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 288
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

GAS.

He gone.

Why did it take RV and Cooper so long to figure out he was SUPPOSED to be a starter, not a short reliever or LOOGY?

Granted, this Twins' line-up isn't exactly going to scare much of anyone in baseball, but they're pesky and have been hotter in the 2nd half of the season.

Wow. 95 MPH. Wish Sale had that velocity yesterday to keep the hitters more honest.

Of course. Start praising someone and they give up a bomb to Jamey Carroll.

Battle of light hitting 2B tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/batting/_/pos.../OPS/order/true

Beckham's ahead of Carroll, Ackley and Weeks (demoted) in OPS out of the top 20 qualified.

Behind "All Star" Darwin Barney.

Now at .648, .700 would be much better, .725 a dream.

Give me production, thats what I look at. Runs scored and Runs driven in, thats what wins ball games right, runs??

Somehow I have a feeling that despite 80+ pitches after not starting for most of the season that Ventura will try to push Santiago through Mauer, Willingham and Morneau next inning.

Or will they go to Veal/Septimo?

Interesting decision. Probably will stay with Santiago unless Mastro whatever his name and Mauer both get on.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)
Give me production, thats what I look at. Runs scored and Runs driven in, thats what wins ball games right, runs??

Too contingent on other players to be taken seriously at an individual level.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 07:29 PM)

That pretty much flies in Marty34's theory that we should dump Alexei Ramirez, since he's been one of the most "productive" SS in the AL, leading the league at his position in RBI's despite hitting for a lot less power.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 06:24 PM)
GAS.

He gone.

Why did it take RV and Cooper so long to figure out he was SUPPOSED to be a starter, not a short reliever or LOOGY?

Granted, this Twins' line-up isn't exactly going to scare much of anyone in baseball, but they're pesky and have been hotter in the 2nd half of the season.

Wow. 95 MPH. Wish Sale had that velocity yesterday to keep the hitters more honest.

Of course. Start praising someone and they give up a bomb to Jamey Carroll.

Battle of light hitting 2B tonight.

They really need FLoyd back to mess with the 6 man rotation.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 06:31 PM)
That pretty much flies in Marty34's theory that we should dump Alexei Ramirez, since he's been one of the most "productive" SS in the AL, leading the league at his position in RBI's despite hitting for a lot less power.

I know it's a long shot but just maybe we can trade him for Juan Pierre so he can platoon with Viciedo.