9/3 Games

flavum

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 06:01 PM)
Hopefully Mitchell will play some winter ball.

He needs more developmental time, considering he played football at LSU and that he missed an entire season with that ankle injury.

I still have a difficult time projecting him as a big-league regular because of his high, high, high strikeout rate.

hope he proves me wrong.

I would have hoped Kenny Williams would have learned by now about drafting "raw" two sport athletes.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 02:30 PM)
Mitchell finishing up with a 2 double game. I'm not sure what to make of his overall season, or his future as a major leaguer.

He definitely took a step forward this season, but I don't know...

Needs to keep getting better, for sure. Luckily, there isn't an immense need for him to do so. We're deep in the MLB in the OF and there are other prospects at his position that are getting ever closer to MLB ready.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:32 PM)
Carlos Sanchez was 3/3 to finish at .256 with the Knights.

When do the playoffs start for the Knights?

Thompson finished sub .200 as many would have predicted, in quite limited at-bats.

It was 20 ABs. You know what you can glean from that? Absolutely nothing.

Nice to see a couple of the Sox catching prospects turn it on a little as the season ended. Josh Phegley was .304/.394/.589/.983 in August, .361/.410/.722/1.132 in his last 10 (including his o-fer in the finale). Kevan Smth posted an OPS of .807 during his 1.5 month stint with W-S, 40 points higher than he had at Kanny. Also, 9 of his 21 hits (43%) with W-S were XBH, where as at Low A only 34% of his hits were for extras.

I think we'll go Catchers for the next list-your-prospects thread.

QUOTE (Springfield SoxFan @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:42 AM)
Does anyone else from Charlotte get promoted after the playoffs end?

The only guys left to be called up are Morel, Marinez, Leesman & Carter - my guess would be leesman and/or marinez.

Ventura said there would be another wave of call ups after charlotte's playoffs - but then a day later he said the call ups would be 'as needed' and not for 'experience'... I guess we'll see