WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:55 PM)
So he's just gonna be a bench player for us? For some reason I was under the impression that we might try and develop him to eventually start...

Johnson is way past the point of development, he is what he is. He had his chances in Oakland and Tampa bay to get developed and become something. He is 33 years old

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 02:36 AM)
Who was it?

Caesar is gone forever. I hope the mods tell us if a new person shows up with a different name. I trust Caesar. He insisted he wouldn't be back if Detroit lost. So he's gone. But will he sign up with a new name? Be observant of that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
Caesar is gone forever. I hope the mods tell us if a new person shows up with a different name. I trust Caesar. He insisted he wouldn't be back if Detroit lost. So he's gone. But will he sign up with a new name? Be observant of that.

I'm not going to be vigilant either way. Caesar didn't break any rules, he doesn't have to make another member name to come back. Similar promises were made in the past that we're not held up, it happens

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 03:38 AM)
I'm not going to be vigilant either way. Caesar didn't break any rules, he doesn't have to make another member name to come back. Similar promises were made in the past that we're not held up, it happens

I'm not challenging the mods or anything. I just think Caesar is a man of his word and is gawn. However, I'd be curious to see what new name he re-joins the site under, that's all.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
Staches are to honor Kevin Hickey.

Started reading up on him when they were bringing him up on the telecast. Great story. And he's from my old 'hood, Brighton Park. Actually grew up a couple blocks from me and my grammar school. Loved hearing his story and the impact he had on the team.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
It was Caesar.

But in another thread somewhere, it was pointed out that it wouldn't be enforced by mods.

And that many good posters have made similar threats in the past, so better to not start a precedent, no matter what the tenor and tone of some of those game threads was starting last Monday.

Gavin Floyd agrees.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
...Dan Johnson is not a MLB caliber starting player. He's hit two great HR and referenced in a video. Other than that he's been mediocre to terrible in the MLB.

Mediocre is too kind. Making Gordon Beckham look like an offensive superstar is more accurate.