Men of the South Side vs. Orcs

Quin

I'm sure it's been said, but Quintana needs to be given a big handshake, thank him for his season, and let him watch the rest of the games from the bench.

Hector Santiago has more bullets left. And hopefully Floyd can get back soon and give a few good starts.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)
I'm sure it's been said, but Quintana needs to be given a big handshake, thank him for his season, and let him watch the rest of the games from the bench.

Hector Santiago has more bullets left. And hopefully Floyd can get back soon and give a few good starts.

I'd have no problems with this.

QUOTE (JoshPR @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
This crap either wakes them up or puts them to sleep eternally

At the very worst, they're tied for 1st on Friday. If that doesn't wake them up, then nothing will. I'd be much more concerned if it was Peavy or Sale starting in a game they lose 17-4. If the Sox can't rely on Peavy to go out and pitch well tomorrow, then this team was never going to win the division anyways.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 10:26 PM)

Floyd is even dumber than Humber, haven't seen a guy with all this talent and have a pea for a brain

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
It's pretty unacceptable for a team in a pennant race that had a horrible road trip to come home and get boatraced by the worst team in the American League.

At least the fans didn't pay to support this crap tonight.

I think tickets on StubHub were going for $1.98 last night.

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 03:28 AM)
I think tickets on StubHub were going for $1.98 last night.

In your opinion, did the tank job in Detroit just kill the spirits of the every day Sox fan? I'm stunned by the lack of attendance for this series, as there were a ton of people who attended the last Twins/Sox series. I know that was when school wasn't in session, but this is over a 10k drop off.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:20 PM)
His ERA was near 6 coming into this game. His ERA is now 6.50. You sure like mediocre players, don't you? :)

No, I just don't see the reason to DFA him. Someone has to pitch in games like this and more often than not he will not give up 10 runs or whatever the number was today.

At the end of the season, you can ask him how he likes the weather in Charlotte.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:30 AM)
No, I just don't see the reason to DFA him. Someone has to pitch in games like this and more often than not he will not give up 10 runs or whatever the number was today.

At the end of the season, you can ask him how he likes the weather in Charlotte.

Couldn't they DFA him to add another reliever to the 40 man if they want?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:27 PM)
It's pretty unacceptable for a team in a pennant race that had a horrible road trip to come home and get boatraced by the worst team in the American League.

At least the fans didn't pay to support this crap tonight.

I'd rather they lose like this than a close, gut-wrenching 3-2 blown save loss. I could stop watching baseball much earlier and do something else. They all count the same in the stadings anyway.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:26 PM)

Put Quintana in the pen and let him get situational outs.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
No, that's not correct. Reinsdorf is notoriously tightfisted with the bulls and the front office has been extremely conservative for years, and they make bank on sellout after sellout. It is polar opposite with the white sox, Kenny the gambler, a competitive payroll, and fans don't show.

The revenues do not affect each other, the white sox do not use bulls money.

Thats what I told them