Men of the South Side vs. Orcs

Quin

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:53 AM)
Starting to remind me of 2000.

Just don't have enough pitching to survive in the playoffs.

Theoretically, Sale/Peavy/Liriano....but both Sale and Peavy have been slowly wearing down the 2nd half, especially Sale.

Give me Bedard over Q right now

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
Starting to remind me of 2000.

Just don't have enough pitching to survive in the playoffs.

Theoretically, Sale/Peavy/Liriano....but both Sale and Peavy have been slowly wearing down the 2nd half, especially Sale.

It would remind me of 2000 if every pitcher shredded his shoulder

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 06:49 PM)
No one up in the pen?

That's the way managers manage now. Can't get anyone warmed up in second inning unless ten runs are in, even if you have 15 pitchers on the staff. They must learn this in Manager School, where winning a ball game is not as important as others thinking you are the smartest guy in the room.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 12:55 AM)
That's the way managers manage now. Can't get anyone warmed up in second inning unless ten runs are in, even if you have 15 pitchers on the staff. They must learn this in Manager School, where winning a ball game is not as important as others thinking you are the smartest guy in the room.

I just don't understand leaving him in to face the righty, and THEN pulling him when the lefty is up.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:52 AM)
Hey what happened to those people who told me I was nuts for thinking Q would start getting shelled later in the season?

Did you watch the inning? How in the hell De Aza didn't catch that ball for the first out is beyond me. It practically bounced off his cleats, then youk, then Ramirez. He potentially recorded 6 outs in that inning

Defense and walks killed us this inning. Reminds me of last year.

De Aza should have had the single Willingham hit. I know Wise would have had it. Youk should have caught the ball Morneau hit. Had those plays been made, we'd still be up by 3.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:56 PM)
Did you watch the inning? How in the hell De Aza didn't catch that ball for the first out is beyond me. It practically bounced off his cleats, then youk, then Ramirez. He potentially recorded 6 outs in that inning

What do you think?

QUOTE (Real @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
time to shut down Quintana, no reason to pitch him anymore this year

The irony is that a "control" pitcher in Quintana is throwing 92-93 MPH in September, and Sales' giving 110% to get it in the 90-91 range these days...ever since he maxxed out in that strong start against the Yankees.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:58 AM)
No I didnt watch it. :bringit

I just dont understand how people watch innings like this and then mutter things like Quintnana is awful. He's made pitches to get outs. 2 DP balls and two other outs, yet only got one of them because of horrible defense. Does De Aza realize its a September pennant race? Catch the damn ball!