Men of the South Side vs. Orcs

Quin

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:01 AM)
I just dont understand how people watch innings like this and then mutter things like Quintnana is awful. He's made pitches to get outs. 2 DP balls and two other outs, yet only got one of them because of horrible defense. Does De Aza realize its a September pennant race? Catch the damn ball!

Walking number 8 hitter cause he has no command of his offspeed pitches and then giving up 1-2 hit on a fastball down the plate to Eduardo Escobar.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
I just dont understand how people watch innings like this and then mutter things like Quintnana is awful. He's made pitches to get outs. 2 DP balls and two other outs, yet only got one of them because of horrible defense. Does De Aza realize its a September pennant race? Catch the damn ball!

Where did I say Quintana was awful? Oh thats right I never said that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
This might be the worst defensive inning in history for there to be no errors given to the defense.

If Youk grabs that DP ball, this inning would have been over 10 minutes ago.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
Well, this definitely overshadows that inning in KC on a Saturday a few weeks ago. How many 2 strike hits can our flamethrowers allow this inning?

Reminiscent of the 9th inning against the Mariners in that craziest game of the season.

If only Ramirez could have fielded that ball and turned a DP, that whole inning....sigh. Almost half the defense made mistakes in a single inning.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:02 AM)
Where did I say Quintana was awful? Oh thats right I never said that.

I didn't say you said it, somebody did say it on here though. You just bragged about how right you are about things going wrong for your team. Great job! When a guy gets 1 out of the 6 outs he recorded, it isn't his fault.

QUOTE (Butter Parque @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:04 PM)
I didn't say you said it, somebody did say it on here though. You just bragged about how right you are about things going wrong for your team. Great job! When a guy gets 1 out of the 6 outs he recorded, it isn't his fault.

What I said was correct so....I have no idea what your trying to argue with me about.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:03 AM)
If Youk grabs that DP ball, this inning would have been over 10 minutes ago.

To me, De Aza's was even worse. It wouldn't have taken much for him to make that play, it barely bounced in front of him, he had to move his cleat for it not to hit off of him. I don't know if it's just a bad read or laziness but it was unacceptable.

Edited by Butter Parque