Playoff Tickets Thread

schien4

Hello everybody!

I'm a new White Sox fan. This is my first time living in Chicago. As a sports fan, it is really hard to choose to be a north side or south side. Fortunately, I would rather stay with a team which always wins. As the offseason coming, I really wanna buy a tickets for ALDS. Any body has any idea that when should I buy the tickets and what the price should be? My first choice is 300 level. I hope the price can be under 130. Good luck to everybody! GO SOX!

Edited by schien4

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MLB takes a good chunk of the stadium for themselves. After that, the season ticketholders get next pick. What is left goes to the general public. I still haven't heard a date for when potential playoff tickets go on sale. With the new playoff format, I am not quite sure how they will handle it.

Does anyone know if there would be a pricing difference between a wild card game and the ALDS? If not, you might just see playoff game A tickets go on sale, and then add on to that later.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:18 AM)
Only a small number of tickets go on public sale for playoff games, and most of those are in the 500 level. Not sure about the price, but $130 sounds about right.

QUOTE (schien4 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:22 AM)
Thanks man.

There will be 100 and 300 level tickets for sale - on Stub Hub. They will go for very, very big money.

Face value for 500 level seats for ALDS will be $50 and up, probably, but you will need to get very lucky to get those when they go on sale. More than likely you will need to go Stub Hub, and I'd guess $130 is a starting point for the furthest reaches of the 500 level, and up from there.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
MLB takes a good chunk of the stadium for themselves. After that, the season ticketholders get next pick. What is left goes to the general public. I still haven't heard a date for when potential playoff tickets go on sale. With the new playoff format, I am not quite sure how they will handle it.

Does anyone know if there would be a pricing difference between a wild card game and the ALDS? If not, you might just see playoff game A tickets go on sale, and then add on to that later.

For season ticket holders, the first payment is due this week. Wild card and ALDS prices are the same. They range from $40 to $55 for ST holders (for 500 level), and will be higher for the few that go on sale to the public (I'd expect $50 and up, if you are lucky enough to get some via the public channels). Full season holders, with only a few exceptions, get their normal seat locations for post-season games. Split season holders get moved around.

QUOTE (schien4 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 09:05 AM)
Hello everybody!

I'm a new White Sox fan. This is my first time living in Chicago. As a sports fan, it is really hard to choose to be a north side or south side. Fortunately, I would rather stay with a team which always wins. As the offseason coming, I really wanna buy a tickets for ALDS. Any body has any idea that when should I buy the tickets and what the price should be? My first choice is 300 level. I hope the price can be under 130. Good luck to everybody! GO SOX!

http://www.whitesox.com/tickets is your friend

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:24 PM)
ALDS tickets are already on sale on Stubhub. Cheapest seat is $121.

http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-sox-p...9-2012-4134336/

But they are not in hand. Those are season holders anticipating having them, but they won't be delivered until later this month.

QUOTE (schien4 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:05 AM)
Hello everybody!

Find a season ticket holder and be their best friend.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 10:01 AM)
Cheapest tickets now going for $66. That's not a bad deal actually. I would imagine the face on those would be around $40-50 for a playoff game.

Face values for ALDS games (per my season ticket holder info):

Premium lower box and lower box: $60

Club level: $60

Lower reserved and bleacher: $55

Upper level box and premium upper box: $55

Upper level reserved: $42

Full season holders get a discount to about $5 lower for each.

ALCS prices face range from $75 to $120

WS tickets range from $110 to $250

Special seating areas like Scouts and Jim Beam seats aren't listed, but I am sure they are very high.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 10:12 AM)
Face values for ALDS games (per my season ticket holder info):

Premium lower box and lower box: $60

Club level: $60

Lower reserved and bleacher: $55

Upper level box and premium upper box: $55

Upper level reserved: $42

Full season holders get a discount to about $5 lower for each.

ALCS prices face range from $75 to $120

WS tickets range from $110 to $250

Special seating areas like Scouts and Jim Beam seats aren't listed, but I am sure they are very high.

Good to know, thanks!