LOL at reaction to Michelle's speech

greg775

As expected ... the Democrats in the media slobber over Obama's speech.

CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "The First Lady not hitting a home run, but probably a Grand Slam."

NBC's Chuck Todd: "Michelle Obama owned this convention in a way that no speaker owned the convention in Tampa."

CNN analyst David Gergen: "If they have two more nights like this, they can probably break this race open."

Fox News's Martha McCallum: "Very positive response here from the floor, and very enthusiastic from people listening to this."

Fox News' Brit Hume: "Extremely impressive woman."

MSNBC's Rachel Maddow: "Oh my god."

MSNBC's Ed Schultz: "Tonight we were reintroduced to a star."

CNN analyst Donna Brazille: "Love is in the air."

The same Wolf Blitzer who sneered at Romney's wife. What a joke. I concede Obama is going to win. I like Obama enough in that he's a Sox fan. But my god, the man's four years were a joke. How bout at least mentioning that Michelle Obama's speech doesn't mean jack s*** because we already know who Barack is from four years in the office. The media bias amazes me. It was a good speech; it was not earth shattering. My god, Wolf.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)

CNN's Wolf Blitzer: "The First Lady not hitting a home run, but probably a Grand Slam."

NBC's Chuck Todd: "Michelle Obama owned this convention in a way that no speaker owned the convention in Tampa."

CNN analyst David Gergen: "If they have two more nights like this, they can probably break this race open."

Fox News's Martha McCallum: "Very positive response here from the floor, and very enthusiastic from people listening to this."

The same Wolf Blitzer who sneered at Romney's wife. What a joke. I concede Obama is going to win. I like Obama enough in that he's a Sox fan. But my god, the man's four years were a joke. How bout at least mentioning that Michelle Obama's speech doesn't mean jack s*** because we already know who Barack is from four years in the office. The media bias amazes me. It was a good speech; it was not earth shattering. My god, Wolf.

Ann Romney's speech sucked and Michelle's didn't. That doesn't make the media liberal, but they are dumb.

Peter S. Canellos, Boston Globe:

Ann Romney was so good that the opera was effectively over before the fat man sang.

John Dickerson, CBS:

If Mitt Romney's problem is that voters don't think he's authentic enough, listening to a woman testify to her authentic adoration certainly conveys authenticity on the object of her devotion.

Alessandra Stanley, New York Times:

The adversity she glossed over with such poise was hers to overcome, not his; her energetic, excited performance highlighted her appeal even more than his steadfastness.

Sara Gaynes, Boston Herald:

Signs are good so far for the former first lady of Massachusetts, who’s wowed fans with her classic style.

I didn't think it was possible, but I think he topped Ann Romney's speech tonight

Chuck Todd on Chris Christie's speech

“Democrats wish they had the diversity of speakers and deep bench [of the GOP] to show America …”

NBC's Chuck Todd ( :lolhitting )

They said the speech was touching, it was poetic, it was humanizing...many of them had tears in their eyes, Ann Romney who we hadn't heard from during this campaign, connected.

Luke Russert, NBC.

“Her speech was just one of the many memorable moments and I have to say this Wolf, when he came out and her talking about the love for him, I had a tear in my eye — and I think lot of people did"

-CNN's Erin Burnett

"First night of the Vagina Monologues in Charlotte going as expected."

CNN's Erick Erickson. (Oh, wait, crap, that one was about Michelle Obama, not about the RNC).

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:11 AM)
Michele Obama's speech was unbelievably bad. Admit it

I haven't seen it, but my assessment of the vaunted Julian Castro speech is that it didn't live up to the praise it received immediately afterwards. I like his story and I like the philosophical main point, but I was no big fan of the delivery. I was rather upset I spent the time to go watch it after the fact...which makes me unsure whether I'll check out Michelle's speech.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 02:14 AM)

U mad? :lolhitting

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
I haven't seen it, but my assessment of the vaunted Julian Castro speech is that it didn't live up to the praise it received immediately afterwards. I like his story and I like the philosophical main point, but I was no big fan of the delivery. I was rather upset I spent the time to go watch it after the fact...which makes me unsure whether I'll check out Michelle's speech.

Yea, don't even bother.

How come my reaction to Michelle's speech wasnt quoted?

Greg is just part of the liberal media bias because no one wants to report my score of 4 out 10.

:)

And almost all speeches are a waste of time. Except when I give them, then you should all pay attention because Im going to tell you how it really is and why if only we were a fraction of as good as the greatest generation we could not only fix this mess but also send the first cloned human to another galaxy.

Who is coming with me!

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:54 AM)

Greg is just part of the liberal media bias because no one wants to report my score of 4 out 10.

And almost all speeches are a waste of time. Except when I give them, then you should all pay attention because Im going to tell you how it really is and why if only we were a fraction of as good as the greatest generation we could not only fix this mess but also send the first cloned human to another galaxy.

Who is coming with me!

Mmmm...I don't know...what does Chuck Todd say about all of this?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:54 AM)

Who is coming with me!

Depends on who you plan to clone, obviously.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:29 AM)
Just assume everyone is lying to you from both sides and place your pointless vote in November.

This about sums it up.

And why does everyone care so much what the candidates' wives are saying? Is Michelle Obama going to go up there and say, "It's been a rough four years. I love Barrack, but who knows if he should be President again."?

I for one cannot wait until the election is over. I'll cast my pointless vote for Obama, and I hope he wins. But I'm getting to the point to where I'm starting to dislike a lot of the people I'm "friends" with on Facebook because all they post is political bulls***. They find a picture on of the candidates with a grumpy look on his face and then post something about how bad the economy is or how X number of companies have gone bankrupt.

Here's the thing: The President can only do so much. There's the Senate and the House that have a ton of power. All of these people out there that think that electing Romney is going to change the economy around immediately and make things better for them personally are crazy. Every candidate makes a metric s***-ton of promises, and very few are kept. Why? Because it's not that simple to bring the troops home, lower the debt, increase education spending, deal with immigration, etc. The President can't just bark orders and have a bunch of people running around saying "Yes, Sir."

I could go on and on, but I'm just tired of this crap. This thread is another example of the crap we have to deal with. Who cares what Michelle Obama said. It was a great speech to those who like Obama, and it was a terrible speech to those who don't.

No one cares about what the candidates wives are saying except:

1. People who are paid to pretend they do

2. The most active partisans on either side

3. The person who thinks that anything positive said about the speech proves that the media is in the tank for candidate x.