LOL at reaction to Michelle's speech

greg775

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
No. Obama's a Sox fan. I like him. I just laugh that the Democrats in the media got to have their little party last night. Wait til Barack's speech. They are going to proclaim its the best speech of all time. "Barack Obama made a convincing claim that he just needs four more years to complete his mission. He stressed over and over to trust him that he needs more time. It's obvious he's won the trust of America after that speech and the election is a mere formality. No president in modern time has made a more convincing point. Trust me and I will complete the deal. America flat out believes in Barack Obama. After that speech, frankly how can anybody not believe in him?"

The media is split just like the political parties. Fox News is very conservative and strongly Republican. They will not like Obama's speech. They will say that Romney did a better job. MSNBC and/or CNN will say that Obama did a better job.

Put a Democrat and a Republican in the same room and make them watch the speeches. You know what will happen. One will like Obama's speech and one will like Romney's. Personally I don't care. I don't watch the speeches, and I don't care what the media says. As I stated before, I will vote for Obama because I feel he is the better choice to "run" the country. Obama may not be in touch with someone like me, but Romney is even less in touch with the common man. The sad thing is, no matter who wins, we will be having the same discussion in 2016 because the country is not going to be in much better shape.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:09 AM)
No one cares about what the candidates wives are saying except:

1. People who are paid to pretend they do

2. The most active partisans on either side

3. The person who thinks that anything positive said about the speech proves that the media is in the tank for candidate x.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:06 PM)
It will only take a semi-competent speaker to look better than Romney did, you do understand that right? Obama's #1 quality is that he's a good speaker and people like him. It has nothing to do with media portrayal.

But this has nothing to do with Romney. I'm saying without mentioning Romney, the Democrat-laden media will proclaim this speech on its own merit as one of the best ever, or since Kennedy.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
Greg is killing me

In a good or bad way?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
PWNDTT

What's that mean. At least I apologize unlike some mods (not you) who accused me of something in another thread that I didn't say. Some are too proud to apologize even on a message board; if I err or offend incorrectly I will apologize.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 05:19 PM)
What's that mean. At least I apologize unlike some mods (not you) who accused me of something in another thread that I didn't say. Some are too proud to apologize even on a message board; if I err or offend incorrectly I will apologize.

Im just laughing at you saying he was owned. Nothing more. It isnt an acronym

Question Greg. If Obama really does give the greatest speech of all time Thursday how will you know if you've convinced yourself that he can't and the media is in the bag for him. Obama put himself on the national map for his awesome speech at the 2004 DNC, was that just the media being in the bag for him then or was it great speech?

Michelle Obama gave an really good speech last night. Maybe it didn't deserve all the crazy stuff said about it, but it was still really good. She wrote that speech herself and the way she delivered it you could tell she really believed in it that's why I thought it was a really good speech. I don't need the media to form my opinions I watched it and enjoyed it.

Now my liberal views may create a bias, but I am not afraid to admit that.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:22 AM)
Question Greg. If Obama really does give the greatest speech of all time Thursday how will you know if you've convinced yourself that he can't and the media is in the bag for him. Obama put himself on the national map for his awesome speech at the 2004 DNC, was that just the media being in the bag for him then or was it great speech?

Michelle Obama gave an really good speech last night. Maybe it didn't deserve all the crazy stuff said about it, but it was still really good. She wrote that speech herself and the way she delivered it you could tell she really believed in it that's why I thought it was a really good speech. I don't need the media to form my opinions I watched it and enjoyed it.

Now my liberal views may create a bias, but I am not afraid to admit that.

I thought her speech was good, but not crazy good or anything. It's nice she's more in love with Sox fan Barack now than ever before. That's great. I like Barack. Like I said, how can you not like a Sox fan? It's great that being President didn't negatively affect her family. Fine. But the speech was OK, nothing worth slobbering over.

To tell u the honest truth, I didn't see Mrs. Romney's. I did watch some of Mitt's which was really blah. I thought he was making weird faces as well. he's going to get annihilated in the election. My guess is most of America sees what I see in Mitt: A rich pretty boy who is just not an impressive person (outwardly).

As far as your question ... well, I guess I enter the speech incapable of calling it one of the best ever because of one major reason: He's already been President for four years and done a s***ty job IMO. I already know his policies; I already know what he's about. So if he just gives ideological bulls***, or a similar speech like Michelle's in which he talks about his relatives and his upbringing, I think that's bulls***. Because he's an incumbent president who already has a track record. I don't think any of the puffery should be considered by the pundits when rating an incumbent's convention speech. I mean Barack is old news in a sense. I think any stuff of the rah-rah variety should be reserved for his speech four years ago when he stumped for CHANGE. CHANGE that arguably did not happen. All I see in the USA is unemployment right now. Of all the people I know, the job outlook is grim and has been grim. Those with jobs are being treated poorly. Why? Because as their bosses tell them, "You may not get a raise; your health benefits may now suck, but hey YOU ARE LUCKY TO HAVE A JOB."

Phooey.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:59 PM)
it was actually pretty bad. one of his worst speeches.

but i was switching between that and football

If that game was better than the speech, I won't waste my time :D

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 10:27 PM)
If that game was better than the speech, I won't waste my time :D

It was long, but there was actually substance to it instead of nothing.

IMO its worth a watch or read, but wait to read it because he didn't follow his transcripts at all according to the media right now.

Edited by kev211