AJ Did Not Test Positive; No Story Here

flavum

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frank_Thomas35 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 07:59 PM)
I have also heard some perculiar texts slash comments. Two that stick out

Bernstein tweet: Dan Bernstein @dan_bernstein 30 Aug Nice slide, AJ. Now your teammates can detest you even more, as if such a thing is possible.

Found that weird at the time a week ago

And I cant find the quote but Mulley commented about how its been "odd AJ has been making mental

Mistakes and something like there are rumors surrounding him swirling and he hoped AJ would come out okay".

The score has to tread carefully with a story like this since they are in parternship with the Sox. So naturally they are going be very careful. But stil. I just have a bad feeling. And really what a shame this is for a great 2012 story and more importantly for us fans who have grown to love AJ. Just tough

That's the way Bernstein is. Those things aren't 100% drug related. We have seen AJ play bad baseball before.

If this is true, the news will be leaked before a press conference. Reporting first whether accurate or inaccurate is what a media does. (look for ESPN)

Don't you guys remember a few years ago when a White Sox scout started posting on this forum. He talked about how PEDs were far far more rampant in baseball than fans realized. Something like 40-50% of MLBers in his opinion were using.

You don't think your Ryan Braun's and Bartolo Colon's are just foolishly getting interested in PEDs at random and then getting caught right off the bat? No, there are loads and loads of guys using who are not getting caught. At least according to that poster.

If AJP is busted that sucks, but don't think that our team is now unclean. I'm sure every team has plenty guys using.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 6, 2012 -> 01:13 AM)
Ok I'll say it.

If this is true I don't want to make the playoffs this year.

I'm extremely conflicted with this. If he was the only player to get in trouble this year, I'd tend to agree with you. However, before knowing of this situation, I wasn't watching Giants games thinking "they don't deserve to make it due to Melky getting busted". It would be a complete blow to the legacy of AJ and would really hurt his reputation with White Sox fans for a very long time. You know he'll sign with the Marlins this offseason :)

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:15 PM)
I stream everyday.

I click the Listen Live and get that Yahoo Sports stream. Is there a sporting event on the SCORE right now? That's the only reason I can think of not getting it.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
Ok I'll say it.

If this is true I don't want to make the playoffs this year.

Why, so some other roided team get make it?

I really think we are seeing all the positive tests because these guys are juicing at as high a rate as ever and MLB is making a stand.

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
Why, so some other roided team get make it?

I really think we are seeing all the positive tests because these guys are juicing at as high a rate as ever and MLB is making a stand.

At least some other team wouldn't have won a ton of games thanks to a suspended guy.

Giants, As get that treatment already.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
At least some other team wouldn't have won a ton of games thanks to a suspended guy.

Giants, As get that treatment already.

Who cares? Just because other teams didn't have suspensions, in no way does that mean their roster is clean.

Nearly every recent WS champion has had a PED user. It's part of the era.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:33 PM)
Who cares? Just because other teams didn't have suspensions, in no way does that mean their roster is clean.

Nearly every recent WS champion has had a PED user. It's part of the era.

We had Pablo

2005*

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 5, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
We had Pablo

2005*

If we knew every member of the 05 Sox that was on something, we'd probably cry.

Well maybe not cry, but you know what I mean.

It's still rampant. They aren't as potent as they used to be with 55-70 homers, but guys still want to risk it.

For me, I still want the Sox to win, but this would take away some enjoyment.