Game Thread 9/7

cabiness42

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:11 AM)
I really wish the White Sox would get a manger that use statistics instead of the seat of their pants to manage. The bottom fo the 8th was an embarassment. If Kw was pissed after Detroit he just watched his manager look like an absolute fool..

LOL! Kenny wanted to show everybody in the off season how smart he was by bypassing Sandy Alomar Jr. and hiring somebody with no coaching or managerial experience just so Don Cooper can have more power. Now we all are paying the price. Serves Williams right.

• Replies 487
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 04:16 AM)
Ramirez rips a homer to tie the game the previous AB.

Notorious fastball hitter, Mr. Ramirez.

Beckham, all season long, has been hitting about 0.050 against anything over 95 MPH.

Herrera, 96-101 MPH fastball.

Beckham, DEAD.

Surprise? Shouldn't have been.

If you bunt with Ramirez, then you have Johnson come up for Beckham. They had a LHP warming up, so either you get them to bring in the LHP (and then you can use Flowers, who's great vs LHP) or they walk Johnson to bring up De Aza/let Johnson face the righty.

QUOTE (chisoxt @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:16 AM)
LOL! Kenny wanted to show everybody in the off season how smart he was by bypassing Sandy Alomar Jr. and hiring somebody with no coaching or managerial experience just so Don Cooper can have more power. Now we all are paying the price. Serves Williams right.

Great post as well

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
If you bunt with Ramirez, then you have Johnson come up for Beckham. They had a LHP warming up, so either you get them to bring in the LHP (and then you can use Flowers, who's great vs LHP) or they walk Johnson to bring up De Aza/let Johnson face the righty.

It was a miracle that Alexei even got the bunt down. But yeah, if you do commit to bunting, the situation was SCREAMING for ANYONE but Beckham there.

Then Herrera did him a favor and hung a lifeless, dead-fish slider over the outer-half and Gordon still couldn't put it in play.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:14 PM)
Dude, we can't beat the Royals. We can't beat the Tigers. We've looked like a crappy team since the ASB

I don't think these are over reactions. They're affirmations of reality.

You gotta chill out...we haven't played well for about 10 days. That's okay. We haven't been healthy either, hardly seen anything from Dunn and Youk is hurting as well (I realize he just had a child). Let's see how this series ends and how we play the Tigs at home. It's easy to read into everything that happens into the final month, but this season is more than that. We've won some huge games and have shown some major cajones. Those things still count when we can't pull through. Don't forget to look at the whole picture.

Dismissing all important wins as mere happenstance and seeing every failure as proof of our mediocrity doesn't make any sense. If you were a baseball player with that attitude, you'd be Gordon Beckham.

QUOTE (sunofgold @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:19 PM)
Tough loss but we are still either tied for first or game up tomorrow. Not having Youk

And Dunn in lineup makes it harder. Pitching and clutch hitting just wasn't there today. Hopefully

We win tomorrow.

Batting lopez second makes it harder. Letting him hit with thr bases loaded is stupid.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:18 PM)
Lineup tomorrow ought to be based entirely on who has the fewest at-bats against Chen in a White Sox uniform.

Basically the lineup at the end of the Twins' drubbing

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 03:21 AM)
You gotta chill out...we haven't played well for about 10 days. That's okay. We haven't been healthy either, hardly seen anything from Dunn and Youk is hurting as well (I realize he just had a child). Let's see how this series ends and how we play the Tigs at home. It's easy to read into everything that happens into the final month, but this season is more than that. We've won some huge games and have shown some major cajones. Those things still count when we can't pull through. Don't forget to look at the whole picture.

Dismissing all important wins as mere happenstance and seeing every failure as proof of our mediocrity doesn't make any sense. If you were a baseball player with that attitude, you'd be Gordon Beckham.

Well, if you look at the whole picture (stats on the year), you'd see that something killing the Sox is their bullpen management.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
Well, if you look at the whole picture (stats on the year), you'd see that something killing the Sox is their bullpen management.

I am usually as optimistic as anyone here, but this team has lost its mojo...they know the Royals and Tigers own them, and they aren't focused.

I hope they prove me dead wrong. Dead wrong.

But I don't see them heading to the Postseason.

And as Fathom said, the manager is not helping the cause.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)

It really feels like 70-75% of the bullpen decisions Ventura has made since the start of the Orioles' road series have backfired.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 10:24 PM)
I am usually as optimistic as anyone here, but this team has lost its mojo...they know the Royals and Tigers own them, and they aren't focused.

I hope they prove me dead wrong. Dead wrong.

But I don't see them heading to the Postseason.

And as Fathom said, the manager is not helping the cause.

Or some miracle will have to occur with the Tigers just collapsing down the stretch and handing it to us, like the Twins in 2008.

Liriano has gone from a very good acquisition to the enigma he usually is...and he's also exposing the bullpen to 4 innings of stressful pitching.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 7, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
Or some miracle will have to occur with the Tigers just collapsing down the stretch and handing it to us, like the Twins in 2008.

Liriano has gone from a very good acquisition to the enigma he usually is...and he's also exposing the bullpen to 4 innings of stressful pitching.

They aren't exactly giving their fan base any sign of hope.