The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So at first i was like mad about phillip rivers getting me only 2 points and the lions D getting me -5, but then it turns out im playing a team thats going to end up with the highest point total for the league this week anyways. Ive played a high-man team 2 out of 3 weeks so far, so i dont feel too bad about these 2 losses.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 04:30 PM)
Is Spiller still gonna be a viable with Jackson coming back?? (I assume he's coming back with the comments above)

Maybe and maybe not, it always sucks when you have a RB that splits carries i.e. Pierre Thomas/Mark Ingram, Jackson/Spiller Alfred Morris/RG3 Forte/Bush and now possibly Bradshaw/Brown. You'll probably get nice projections but its impossible to know how big of an impact a backup can have on any given sunday. Too risky for a p**** like me.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:34 AM)
What do yous' guys think about buying low on Chris Johnson right now?

How low? I have him in a league and havent even bothered trying to move him because I know the value isnt there. Id rather wait it out with him on the bench and see if he can turn it around then get some bum I wont even use for him. So I guess its what theyd be willing to take.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
What do yous' guys think about buying low on Chris Johnson right now?

I'd love to buy him low right now, but that's the problem. His value is so low that I don't think Johnson owners would even want to move him. They wouldn't get anything of value in return, so why not just keep him on the bench and hope he turns it around. If I had Chris Johnson, I'd only trade him for a Steven Ridley-type. But, if I was offered like Peyton Hillis or someone like that, I'd just say heck no.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
I'd love to buy him low right now, but that's the problem. His value is so low that I don't think Johnson owners would even want to move him. They wouldn't get anything of value in return, so why not just keep him on the bench and hope he turns it around. If I had Chris Johnson, I'd only trade him for a Steven Ridley-type. But, if I was offered like Peyton Hillis or someone like that, I'd just say heck no.

Exactly. Unfortunately to get a good RB at this point I"ll have to move one of my good pieces and just hope CJ can get good enough to trade and try to replace that previous production. It is unbelievable how bad he is. In the modern NFL, it seems like you can basically plug anyone in at RB and get pretty consistent production. At least 3 ypc. He can't even manage 1 ypc. He is AWFUL.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 26, 2012 -> 03:31 PM)
Beanie Wells to IR. Can't come back til Nov. 25. Glad I picked up Ryan Williams. Should be the only real option in Arizona's backfield.

He's been made of glass since HS.

I am sitting Cutler in favor of Dalton moving forward. Hope it pays. I have scored the most points in my league even with his worthless ass.

My QB decision just became a lot more difficult with the news that Stafford practiced some today. I have Flacco (playing tonight) so I was just going to start him with the uncertainty around Stafford. Now, I'm not so sure. But I need to decide by tonight.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 12:56 PM)
My QB decision just became a lot more difficult with the news that Stafford practiced some today. I have Flacco (playing tonight) so I was just going to start him with the uncertainty around Stafford. Now, I'm not so sure. But I need to decide by tonight.

How could you not go with Flacco?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Sep 27, 2012 -> 11:59 AM)
FWIW Forte is practicing and saying he is playing Monday

Updated Sep. 26: Matt Forte (ankle) resumed practicing Wednesday, and "thinks he can play Monday." Excellent news, but coach Lovie Smith cautioned Forte "still has a long way to go." It's doubtful Forte suits up against the Cowboys, but we'll know more by the time Chicago releases its injury report on Saturday. Michael Bush (shoulder) also practiced Wednesday, and appears to be fine after missing most of the fourth quarter in last week's win.