The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:42 AM)
And I just did. I was just sick of the inconsistency at QB, so I traded Stafford/Green Ellis for Drew Brees. I have McFadden/Ridley/Donald Brown (only out 1-2 more weeks) at RB. I felt BJGE was expendable. Not sure if this was smart, but we'll see. I just had to make a move.

I like it value-wise, but you're probably going to be looking for another RB once McFadden has his annual injury.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 10:51 AM)
The league im in had the veto system for the past two seasons, but this season theres been a team that traded away Chris Johnson for Michael Bush, and Andre Johnson for Ryan Williams and Nate Washington. Collusion!!!!! :bang

If Chris Johnson's name isn't Chris Johnson then he's nothing more than a bye week plug in. I have him this year and it's the most frustrating player I've ever dealt with. I actually have a trade pending right now, I sent CJ and Boldin...I get Mike Wallace. I couldn't hit accept fast enough.

With all that being said, the second the trade is processed, he will go off for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 08:41 AM)
Our league instituted the Window Rule. Every owner has 48 hours from when the trade is published to make a better offer. Trade processes immediately after the 48 hour window closes. That way "The Market" dictates the price of the player. Note that this is a keeper league where teams that fall out of contention normally deal for picks in the next year's draft so there are usually tons of trades. Additionally, we have had to make a lot of tweaks to the Window Rule to make it work and prevent everyone from waiting 47 hours to try and beat the initial offer. But it gets rid of stupid vetoes and encourages trading.

This is very interesting. I would think this would cause even more arguing because someone always thinks they offered the better deal that wasn't accepted. Do you get that a lot? I would be pissed if I worked on a trade for a few days and someone just comes in and takes him from underneath me because he knew the outline of the trade (and what he had to beat).

QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
Our league instituted the Window Rule. Every owner has 48 hours from when the trade is published to make a better offer. Trade processes immediately after the 48 hour window closes. That way "The Market" dictates the price of the player. Note that this is a keeper league where teams that fall out of contention normally deal for picks in the next year's draft so there are usually tons of trades. Additionally, we have had to make a lot of tweaks to the Window Rule to make it work and prevent everyone from waiting 47 hours to try and beat the initial offer. But it gets rid of stupid vetoes and encourages trading.

We have the same thing. And it's perfectly fine, especially since other guys aren't weak at whatever position those teams are dealing for. (not to mention, it saves a moron from getting completely ripped off)

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:03 AM)
I like it value-wise, but you're probably going to be looking for another RB once McFadden has his annual injury.

That was actually my main reservation (McFadden injury), but I just said screw it and hope for the best.

QUOTE (Tuna @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 12:10 PM)
This is very interesting. I would think this would cause even more arguing because someone always thinks they offered the better deal that wasn't accepted. Do you get that a lot? I would be pissed if I worked on a trade for a few days and someone just comes in and takes him from underneath me because he knew the outline of the trade (and what he had to beat).

The Window Rule does provide something of a disincentive to owners to make deals knowing that they could get windowed. We had to add some tweaks last year as the rule was implemented, but the most important thing about the rule is that no one can complain about collusion or about owners using a veto as a weapon.

Again, the structure of our league (keeper, dynasty league) leads to most trades being between contenders and non-contenders so the seller is usually getting future draft picks back. There isn't much of an incentive for the seller to not take a better deal that was offered, so we haven't run into that issue yet.

So a dude in my league went on vacation, forgot to take out pierre garçon from his starting lineup and ended up getting the weekly winner award for the highest point total ($100). He had Dalton, Greene and Dez Bryant leading him to a score of 127. This really shows how fantasy football is a crapshoot, he has won the weekly loser award for the lowest point total in 4 consecutive weeks and out of no where explodes for some serious beer money.

I think I know which way I'm leaning, but I need advice

PPR league, standard scoring otherwise, WR/RB flex, do I start Kendall Wright or Mike Williams (TB)? Wright got me 13 last week and has a pretty nice matchup with the Bills for slot receivers, but Mike Williams has been really good the last 2 weeks and faces a terrible New Orleans pass defense.

In the same vein, I need to start one of Scott Chandler and Aaron Hernandez. Logic says to start Hernandez, but the Jets generally play the Patriots pretty tough, and the Tennessee secondary and linebacking corps is not very good.

Or should I just flip a coin and hope for the best?

I'm 5-1 on the year and going up against the only other 5-1 team in our league, so winning would be pretty sweet.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)

PPR league, standard scoring otherwise, WR/RB flex, do I start Kendall Wright or Mike Williams (TB)? Wright got me 13 last week and has a pretty nice matchup with the Bills for slot receivers, but Mike Williams has been really good the last 2 weeks and faces a terrible New Orleans pass defense.

In the same vein, I need to start one of Scott Chandler and Aaron Hernandez. Logic says to start Hernandez, but the Jets generally play the Patriots pretty tough, and the Tennessee secondary and linebacking corps is not very good.

I'm 5-1 on the year and going up against the only other 5-1 team in our league, so winning would be pretty sweet.

I say Hernandez no question. He only played like 20% of the snaps last week as they eased him back and he still had double digit points.

As for Wright or Williams, that's a tougher one. But I think Williams. It's all about how you trust Freeman b/c he is so hit or miss. Wright is losing targets, though, as Britt is finally healthy and getting comfortable with the playbook. And Nate Washington always gets a good number of targets in that offense/has good rapport with Hasselbeck.

Traded Bradshaw and Bowe for Tom Brady.. Im sick of Rivers and with all the whispers of bradshaw having foot problems and david wilson looking explosive in practice i thought it a good time to sell. Dwayne Bowe is too hit or miss for me too, he can score 20 or he can score 2. Tom Brady is a safe bet on most weeks, i just hope this works out in a big way.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)
Traded Bradshaw and Bowe for Tom Brady.. Im sick of Rivers and with all the whispers of bradshaw having foot problems and david wilson looking explosive in practice i thought it a good time to sell. Dwayne Bowe is too hit or miss for me too, he can score 20 or he can score 2. Tom Brady is a safe bet on most weeks, i just hope this works out in a big way.

That's a fantastic deal for you.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 09:19 PM)

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
Beats Brian Hartline, i got my Bowe jersey on pre-order #superdolphins #superbowl

Just traded a next year 5 for Harvin. What it really means is now AJ Green Counts as a 4th round and RGIII is potentially a 3rd. (For keeper reasons, keeper rules are +1 round from previous years draft, I took Green in the 7th last year and RGIII in 5th this year)

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)
I say Hernandez no question. He only played like 20% of the snaps last week as they eased him back and he still had double digit points.

As for Wright or Williams, that's a tougher one. But I think Williams. It's all about how you trust Freeman b/c he is so hit or miss. Wright is losing targets, though, as Britt is finally healthy and getting comfortable with the playbook. And Nate Washington always gets a good number of targets in that offense/has good rapport with Hasselbeck.

Those were my thoughts too, I think I just wanted to see someone say it too. With Williams, it's also a matter of trusting him too, because he isn't a high target guy, and those receptions can add up in a minute. Wright was a flyer last week filling in for Amendola (F***!) and I just need someone to fill in for him for a while. Wright's 13 were good last week, but I think you're right on that too.

The Bills need (and have begun) to adopt the philosophical change the Texans have made. They both have one solid possession receiver, a solid receiving tight end, and two good running backs. The difference is that Schaub actually has arm strength, but the QBs never get in a rhythm and they're worse for it.

Hernandez and Williams it is.

I do love projections though. Brees was on a bye and Amendola is out. Inserted Ponder and Wright into the lineup. I was projected to lose by 20 points. Then I won by 33. Some was luck, but I have a pretty damn solid team all around. This week is all about matchups and time-shares though, because I have the Giants D against RGIII, Torrey Smith against the Texans D, and Fred Jackson vs CJ Spiller. There are other ways I can win otherwise, but I think the entire matchup depends upon RGIII.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 17, 2012 -> 07:07 PM)

I think I'd go with Wright. He's been very solid and is averaging 12 PPG in PPR leagues. I'm starting him this week as a bye week replacement as well. He has a good matchup and continues to get targets. I think he only has 1 TD so that makes the numbers even better. I think he grabs a TD this week too

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 10:04 AM)
His snaps were down big time last week. They're throwing to him when he's in the game, but if they're going to give the snaps to Britt, Washington, and Cook, I don't want to play Wright.

Of the four players you mentioned, this is what their receptions/targets have looked like this year

Britt: DNP, 1/2, 6/11, DNP, 2/5, 4/11 = 13/29 Total

Wright: 5/6, 2/8, 7/11, 4/8, 9/11, 6/8 = 33/52 Total

Washington: 2/8, 2/2, 3/3, 3/5, 4/8, 3/9 = 17/35 Total

Cook: 4/6, 3/6, 4/4, 3/4, 5/8, 4/4 = 23/32

I have a buddy who is a big Titans fan for some reason and he says that they really like Wright down there. And looking at those numbers, I'm personally pretty comfortable with him as a bye week play. He's led the team in targets and catches practically every week.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

So any chance the guy in my league with both Robert Griffin and Peyton Manning accepts a trade where he gets Rivers/Cutler (his choice), Donald Brown and Vic Ballard (both so he gets Indy's starter no matter what), and Maclin/Bowe (his choice). This is a 14 team league with little depth and he is currently starting Robert Meachem at flex and Ronnie Brown at RB2. So while Maclin and Bowe are not amazing they are huge upgrades for him and sadly the Brown/Ballard combo would also be a big upgrade. Would leave me with a team of Manning, Peterson, Leshoure, Welker, Megatron, Bowe/Maclin, and Heath Miller.