The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 4, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
Seconded.

third

hoping Moore and Celek can go off for about 35 points. haha, no chance.

actually I'm happy he did that to me. The Bucs needed him to win today so I'll trade that everyday of the week.

Edited by zenryan

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
I am so tired of Darren McFadden that I dealt off my depth and him for an upgrade.

Darren McFadden

Reggie Wayne

Doug Martin

for

Arian Foster

Ben Tate

Randall Cobb

This trade is working out just insane. Since then, Doug Martin has become Jesus Christ, DMC has been injured, Randall Cobb has gone beastness, Wayne keeps on chuggin', and Foster has been adequate.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
I don't understand leagues that could have a team with 2 starting RBs on their bench.

Well Doug Martin was available later than most RB's and in a lot of league's leshoure wasn't drafted at all so it could happen. What I don't understand is after last week how anyone could have benched Doug Martin.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 06:56 PM)
Well Doug Martin was available later than most RB's and in a lot of league's leshoure wasn't drafted at all so it could happen. What I don't understand is after last week how anyone could have benched Doug Martin.

It could happen, but it's pretty unlikely. Even if Martin was a late draft pick, he was still a starter. Teams in my league likely can't even flex an RB because of the lack of availability.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
Jeez, what kind of point system do you use? Point per carry?

1 point for every 4 carries and length of touchdown bonus. 3 of Martins TDs were from 60 yards plus. The scoring is stupid in this league though, FGs of 50+ are worth anything from 12 to 24 points depending on the length.

I figured this thread would be a good place to vent about this. So my friend joined a league with people he plays cards with. Its $205 entry, 10 teams and $2 for each transaction. I drafted and run the team and get half of anything we win. Its actually the team in the picture I posted with the dumb scoring. Anyway, these guys all know each other, I dont know any of them, they had a live draft and my friend communicated with me on the phone for our picks.

So were off to a good start. Were 6-2-1 and have by far the most points. We also have had the high score 2 weeks which is worth $15 each time. When looking through some other teams to see about offering a trade I noticed two teams have the same owner, so I called my friend and asked what that was about. He said that a guy drafted a team and never paid so the commish, who already owns a team, paid an additional $205 and took control of the other team. Neither of us liked it but figured a 9 team league wouldnt work and one of the teams is bad so who cares.

Fast forward to this week, the commish manually puts through a trade sending Brandon Marshall and Jared Cook from his bad team to his good team in exchange for Lance Moore and James Jones. Since he did it manually it didnt show up in our transactions feed. So another team notices it and calls him out on it. He desperately tries to defend the trade and said only one team had a problem with it, once everyone else sees it they all agree his two teams should not be trading with each other. His reasoning was the two players he traded score the same amount as Marshall combined so its fair. Note, this is a 60 year old man and yes he really said this.

So a few more people politely explain that his two teams should not be trading with each other and as the commish he manually locks his two teams, says he is quitting and is letting the league run on autopilot, not even letting someone else run it. He also switched it from 6/10 teams making the playoffs to all 8 teams make the playoffs. Granted this isnt my money, but I do get half of anything we win, last year we finished third, but is this not the most ridiculous thing youve ever heard lol.

http://puu.sh/1mOL4 theres a screen shot of his farewell message

Edited by DrunkBomber

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
1 point for every 4 carries and length of touchdown bonus. 3 of Martins TDs were from 60 yards plus. The scoring is stupid in this league though, FGs of 50+ are worth anything from 12 to 24 points depending on the length.

Was Janikowski a first round pick? :lol:

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:10 PM)
I figured this thread would be a good place to vent about this. So my friend joined a league with people he plays cards with. Its $205 entry, 10 teams and $2 for each transaction. I drafted and run the team and get half of anything we win. Its actually the team in the picture I posted with the dumb scoring. Anyway, these guys all know each other, I dont know any of them, they had a live draft and my friend communicated with me on the phone for our picks.

So were off to a good start. Were 6-2-1 and have by far the most points. We also have had the high score 2 weeks which is worth $15 each time. When looking through some other teams to see about offering a trade I noticed two teams have the same owner, so I called my friend and asked what that was about. He said that a guy drafted a team and never paid so the commish, who already owns a team, paid an additional $205 and took control of the other team. Neither of us liked it but figured a 9 team league wouldnt work and one of the teams is bad so who cares.

Fast forward to this week, the commish manually puts through a trade sending Brandon Marshall and Jared Cook from his bad team to his good team in exchange for Lance Moore and James Jones. Since he did it manually it didnt show up in our transactions feed. So another team notices it and calls him out on it. He desperately tries to defend the trade and said only one team had a problem with it, once everyone else sees it they all agree his two teams should not be trading with each other. His reasoning was the two players he traded score the same amount as Marshall combined so its fair. Note, this is a 60 year old man and yes he really said this.

So a few more people politely explain that his two teams should not be trading with each other and as the commish he manually locks his two teams, says he is quitting and is letting the league run on autopilot, not even letting someone else run it. He also switched it from 6/10 teams making the playoffs to all 8 teams make the playoffs. Granted this isnt my money, but I do get half of anything we win, last year we finished third, but is this not the most ridiculous thing youve ever heard lol.

http://puu.sh/1mOL4 theres a screen shot of his farewell message

LOL mysmilie_938.gif

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)

I hate ridic. scoring leagues like that. I'm good with 10 yards rushing/receiving is 1 point and touchdowns are 6..... keeps the points reasonable.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 02:47 PM)
I play in a 14 team league and it just depends on a lot of factors. Martin was drafted end of 3rd round in my league.

Grr (this is about yahoo draft client screwing me out of martin)

Martin went in the 4th in my league. I figured I could wait until the 5th round to snatch him up but someone a handful of spots ahead of me grabbed him.

Last Monday I sent the guy who owns Martin in my league a really good trade that actually favored him according to Yahoo. Of course the owner didnt check it til last weekend after Martin ran all over Minnesota. Then I turn around and face him yesterday.

I didnt think I would lose the RB battle after Leshoure got me 25 points yesterday.

So I won my confidence pool this week via a tiebreaker. My only 2 losses were picking the Browns and Jags...what? 2nd week I've won this year.

Anywho, I put $202 dollars into football this year(1 fantasy league and 1 confidence pool) and have made $260 back so far. SUCCESS.