The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 05:32 AM)
Two years in a row that Gates has been a big tease. I have a feeling that he's on a decline.

Not surprising to see. (though he's had some bad luck too)

I'll ask some here who to play this week. I got Gates (Denver D), Witten (Baltimore D) and Celek. (Detroit D) I'm leaning towards Celek (though Gates is tempting, especially with a Monday night game), but I would like to hear others opinions.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
I'm very pleased with myself for a post week 1 deal where I'd seen enough of Dez Bryant to remember why he annoyed me all last season.

I dealt Dez Bryant and the Law Firm for Reggie Wayne, Doug Martin, and Alshon Jeffery.

The RBs are a wash (bad), but Reggie has been beastmode. Also, Alshon stepped up for me in the bye week and got that TD.

Do you have enough WR depth to stash Alshon for a month?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 08:40 AM)
Do you have enough WR depth to stash Alshon for a month?

QB Eli Manning

WR Roddy White

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Reggie Wayne

RB Alfred Morris ;)

RB Darren McFadden :angry:

TE Jason Witten

W/R/T Doug Martin

BN TE Fred Davis

BN WR Alshon Jeffery

BN WR Denarius Moore

BN RB Evan Royster

BN QB Jay Cutler

BN RB William Powell

DEF New England

DEF Minnesota

(I normally just employ a rotating defense based on who plays the s***tiest opponent, be they on my roster or in free agency).

Deep league with 12 teams and that many players rostered, but with my starting wideouts, Alshon and Moore are strictly bye week usages unless either steps up and wants to be good enough to fill that W/R/T permanently. I like throwing a RB there because you can normally count on at least 6-10 points.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 08:33 AM)
If i went by the ESPN projections i would be scoring 130+ a game, i feel like the ozzie guillen of fantasy football managers.

Step one, blame everyone else.

Step two, sign up for twitter to blame everyone else

Step three, have kids, sign them up for twitter so they can blame everyone else

Step four, profit

Did I miss anything?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 08:47 AM)
Step one, blame everyone else.

Step two, sign up for twitter to blame everyone else

Step three, have kids, sign them up for twitter so they can blame everyone else

Step four, profit

Did I miss anything?

You missed a step somewhere between 2 and 4 where he needs to pretend he is taking the blame for everything. There is also the "demand new contract/ contract extension" before profit.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 08:46 AM)
QB Eli Manning

WR Roddy White

WR Dwayne Bowe

WR Reggie Wayne

RB Alfred Morris ;)

RB Darren McFadden :angry:

TE Jason Witten

W/R/T Doug Martin

BN TE Fred Davis

BN WR Alshon Jeffery

BN WR Denarius Moore

BN RB Evan Royster

BN QB Jay Cutler

BN RB William Powell

DEF New England

DEF Minnesota

(I normally just employ a rotating defense based on who plays the s***tiest opponent, be they on my roster or in free agency).

Deep league with 12 teams and that many players rostered, but with my starting wideouts, Alshon and Moore are strictly bye week usages unless either steps up and wants to be good enough to fill that W/R/T permanently. I like throwing a RB there because you can normally count on at least 6-10 points.

Yeah that's a nice little line of depth for you.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 08:54 AM)
You missed a step somewhere between 2 and 4 where he needs to pretend he is taking the blame for everything. There is also the "demand new contract/ contract extension" before profit.

Probably should put that one in their before and after profit.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 07:26 AM)
RGIII with a concussion, but Big Ben plays on Thursday. I bet Griffin does play, but I probably have to stick with Ben Thursday just in case. Can't be taking a zero or attempting to start Kirk Cousins.

RGIII is suppose to practice today. Everything I've heard (constantly checking rotoworld, listening to sirius fantasy constantly, etc...) says he's playing. However, if there's a week to sit him, it's probably if you have Ben on your team and he's playing Tennessee.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:06 PM)
ELIAS is changing Mendenhall's 13 yard TD run to a 13 yd TD catch. And with that, Big Ben gets a passing TD added to his stats. I have now lost one of my games from last week b/c the guy I played had Roethlisberger.

Daaaaammmmnnnnn.

QUOTE (Tuna @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:09 AM)
RGIII is suppose to practice today. Everything I've heard (constantly checking rotoworld, listening to sirius fantasy constantly, etc...) says he's playing. However, if there's a week to sit him, it's probably if you have Ben on your team and he's playing Tennessee.

That's what I'm thinking. Even though they seem adamant that RGIII is playing, it's still a fresh concussion to the franchise QB, so there are no guarantees.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 01:34 PM)
Fitzpatrick or Alex Smith?

Definitely Alex Smith IMO. Despite what Tannenhil did down there, I think the Cards D is pretty tough, and it's in the desert. Also, the 49ers offense seems to be on cruise control and the Giants D gave up points to Tampa & Cleveland.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 03:42 PM)
I hate when you make a legitimate trade with someone and the league just vetoes it anyways because they don't want your team to get better. Ugh

What trade did you make

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 02:19 PM)
I'm gonna have to start playing Ponder over Stafford, aren't I?

Very possibly. I have Stafford too and just can't trust him. Thank goodness he turned it up in the 4th quarter and salvaged a good fantasy week. But, I'm going to try to unload him if possible.