The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG3 is single-handedly kicking my ass.

I'm down 33. I have QB, DEF, and flex left. My flex is Meachem, defense is Houston. QB is either Schuab or Rivers.

The other guy has Andre Johnson left. So should I start Schuab or Rivers?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:43 PM)
Benched RGIII in both leagues cause of the concussion. Stafford & Big Ben held tight with him points wise until that 76-yard run. Oh well. My NCAA fantasy QB did score 71 points last night, so at least I got that going for me.

Thats pretty extreme, I didn't know there was such a thing! I'm in that next year fa sho! lol

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 07:53 PM)
Thats pretty extreme, I didn't know there was such a thing! I'm in that next year fa sho! lol

It's fun, way more high scoring, so you can get crazy weeks, like 200+ points. It isn't very mainstream though, probably because of the NCAA's "amateur" status. I play on CBS Sportsline, which is the only main site that has a platform for it, and even they have very limited analysis. ESPN & Yahoo have no analysis for it.

Damn I played Ryan over Stafford (can't believe Ryan bombed against Oakland) and it cost me (well... that and Jeremy Maclin, damn him). I also benched Witten who didn't do too bad at all. I'm down by 22, but have Floyd and Mr. unreliable Gates tonight. I hope Rivers goes nuts with those two.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 11, 2012 -> 04:46 PM)
What trade did you make

Just saw this.

Anyways, it was Brady Quinn and Michael Bush for Mikel Leshoure

The other guy already had Matt Cassel and his other QB was Brees (bye) so he needed a starter. I had 4 QBs and needed a RB with two of mine on bye. Other guy also had 6 RBs. So both of us traded from excess to get a need. Both teams would have benefited.

Two people responded and said they vetoed the trade because they didn't want to see our teams get better.

Another guy said he vetoed it because he saw that the other guy didn't have a QB if the trade didn't go through.

Just stupid stuff.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 02:28 PM)
Just saw this.

Anyways, it was Brady Quinn and Michael Bush for Mikel Leshoure

The other guy already had Matt Cassel and his other QB was Brees (bye) so he needed a starter. I had 4 QBs and needed a RB with two of mine on bye. Other guy also had 6 RBs. So both of us traded from excess to get a need. Both teams would have benefited.

Two people responded and said they vetoed the trade because they didn't want to see our teams get better.

Another guy said he vetoed it because he saw that the other guy didn't have a QB if the trade didn't go through.

Just stupid stuff.

I wouldn't stand for that at all. Those owners need to be kicked out of your league (if that's an option) after the year is over. As long as a trade is reasonably fair (and yours seems to be), you can't veto a trade just because it makes another team better. The veto is in place to prevent collusion/cheating. Your trade seems to be neither.

This may be the oddest week I've ever had.

Going into the Sunday night game, I was down 84-24. He still had Mathews left. It was over, didn't even watch Sunday night though I had Rodgers in that game, and a few Monday night.

6 TDs and 40 points later, I was only down 20 going into tonight, Gates/Decker/McGahee, he has Mathews.

Scoring bonanza in the 1st half, and I'm going to win comfortably, probably about 25-30 points.

What makes it more ridiculous is he played Luck over Brady, as well as played Austin over Nelson. That's what you get for trying to be too cute with matchups.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 06:25 AM)
Damn I played Ryan over Stafford (can't believe Ryan bombed against Oakland) and it cost me (well... that and Jeremy Maclin, damn him). I also benched Witten who didn't do too bad at all. I'm down by 22, but have Floyd and Mr. unreliable Gates tonight. I hope Rivers goes nuts with those two.

And of course Mr. unreliable single handedly gave me the W. :) Thank you Gates.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 05:02 PM)
That argument is as old as time.

I only veto if it seems to be collusion, others in my league argue that you should veto as a weapon.

That's it. And I have a real problem with people who do that. Part of the fun is wheeling and dealing. Even in money leagues. Leagues where trading basically isn't allowed because of people who do this just becomes less fun

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 08:06 AM)
That's it. And I have a real problem with people who do that. Part of the fun is wheeling and dealing. Even in money leagues. Leagues where trading basically isn't allowed because of people who do this just becomes less fun

My league has never had a trade get through in 4 years.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Oct 16, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
My league has never had a trade get through in 4 years.

Our league instituted the Window Rule. Every owner has 48 hours from when the trade is published to make a better offer. Trade processes immediately after the 48 hour window closes. That way "The Market" dictates the price of the player. Note that this is a keeper league where teams that fall out of contention normally deal for picks in the next year's draft so there are usually tons of trades. Additionally, we have had to make a lot of tweaks to the Window Rule to make it work and prevent everyone from waiting 47 hours to try and beat the initial offer. But it gets rid of stupid vetoes and encourages trading.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 14, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
Very possibly. I have Stafford too and just can't trust him. Thank goodness he turned it up in the 4th quarter and salvaged a good fantasy week. But, I'm going to try to unload him if possible.

And I just did. I was just sick of the inconsistency at QB, so I traded Stafford/Green Ellis for Drew Brees. I have McFadden/Ridley/Donald Brown (only out 1-2 more weeks) at RB. I felt BJGE was expendable. Not sure if this was smart, but we'll see. I just had to make a move.