The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

For the first time since week 1, I've won in both leagues I'm in. Same s*** every year, week 1 I have the best team in the league, I'm super pumped. Then TD droughts galore for 4 weeks. Then I try to claw back and narrowly miss playoffs. Sitting at 3-4 in both leagues. Killed by lack of real QBs. Every year I want to get one, but then either draft too late or get bid out.

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:27 AM)
Here's some friendly advice on who to scoop up off your league's waiver wire.

http://flapship.com/tuesday-sexy-fantasy-football-pickups/

Andre Roberts not on that list because he should already be off the market? Or are Young, SR and Hankerson better options? (Already have Gordon)

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 12:44 PM)
Andre Roberts not on that list because he should already be off the market? Or are Young, SR and Hankerson better options? (Already have Gordon)

Depends on need - it's not comprehensive by any means and no two leagues are the same. Andre Roberts' affinity for snagging touchdowns to start the season likely got him scooped up, but I wouldn't want a WR who had John Skelton or Kevin Kolb throwing to him, and that includes Larry Fitzgerald. You just can't depend on them.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 09:56 PM)
Again, and forever, context, but on the surface, no. Running backs are at a premium.

If i said yes to that trade id have:

Rivers/Rapistburger

Peterson

CJ0K

Alfred Morris/Mcgahee

Fitzgerald

Denarius Moore

Martellus Bennett

Falcons D

Legatron

I get a feeling hes trying to sell high on CJ which is what i would do too in his position

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 07:11 AM)
You're in 5 leagues? I'm in just 2, one pay and one for fun. 5 seems like too much.

It is and I dont really enjoy it. Every week I am going against players that I have in other leagues and it gets annoying. Theyre all pay leagues but I only pay for 3 of them. 2 are leagues I run for talkbears, 1 is a family league Ive been in for a few years and the last 2 are paid for by one of my friends who doesnt follow football but likes to gamble so I run his teams and split the winnings. I dont plan on being in this many leagues ever again though. Still, going 5/5 this week was nice though.

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 10:35 PM)
If i said yes to that trade id have:

Rivers/Rapistburger

Peterson

CJ0K

Alfred Morris/Mcgahee

Fitzgerald

Denarius Moore

Martellus Bennett

Falcons D

Legatron

I get a feeling hes trying to sell high on CJ which is what i would do too in his position

Sorry, I had you on the other side of that deal. How many RBs do you start? Peterson + Morris + McGahee is a really solid group as-is, and you cannot count or Rivers and the Rapist to consistently put up points like Brady will.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 11:55 PM)
Ok, Peyton Manning at home vs. the Saints weak secondary or RGIII @ Pittsburgh?

Really hard to sit RGIII but Peyton has a great matchup.

It's really a win-win. But I'd say Peyton.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 05:50 AM)
Bye week sucks. Josh Gordon or Kendall Wright? I had Kendall, but put him on waivers for Gordon (whose been hot) but Wright usually gets more receptions a game. (although Titans do have Britt too)

Gordon's on fire, no reason not to roll with him.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 06:52 AM)
I got offered Vick and Ben Tate for Cutler and Rashad Jennings. I'm weak at QB (Cutler is my only QB right now) and I've got Gore, DMC, Stewart and Felix Jones at RB in addition to Jennings.

I'd keep that one on the back-burn and see what you can get for Jennings and Cutler other than Vick. Whoever has RG3 is likely loaded?