The First Annual Steve9347 b**** about your Fantasy Teams here

• Replies 969
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
Some people are claiming they could get in, just that it was really slow and had to keep forcing it through (haha).

Anyways Im not doing anything in my league until its all sorted, this gives me pause:

"And will update everyone on next steps for how to handle week 10"

That's going to be up to your league, they'll instruct commissioners how to edit lineups etc.

There's no way they can just say "nothing counts" or "everyone can make their own lineup changes retroactively."

I'm not exactly sure what you're expecting on Yahoo's end, it's all within your league.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 04:13 PM)
Some people are claiming they could get in, just that it was really slow and had to keep forcing it through (haha).

Anyways Im not doing anything in my league until its all sorted, this gives me pause:

"And will update everyone on next steps for how to handle week 10"

What can they even do though? People can just lie and say "I wanted to start that guy but I couldn't access my team" even if they were nowhere near a computer.

Yeah some in our league are saying to not count the losses and count wins, others saying to kill that week, others saying do nothing.

Real mess as the commish has asked people to send in what they would have done and how it impacted them. I said that we should either do all or nothing, not let people just change things.

The only other option could be to dq the week, replay it week 14 and then count week 17. But no one wants that I assume haha.

I dont expect yahoo to do anything, I just think its interesting what people think is fair, not fair, etc.

(edit)

And for the record I told the commish that since I couldnt log in, I cant say with certainty what I would do, so its not fair to change anything for me.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 05:06 PM)
What can they even do though? People can just lie and say "I wanted to start that guy but I couldn't access my team" even if they were nowhere near a computer.

I agree completely which is why its kind of a mess. Our commissioner sent out a message asking everyone to send in how the outage impacted them and then decisions would be made on how to handle it.

My response was that I dont think thats right because who is going to say "Oh I was going to bench a good player but I didnt, so I would have lost" as compared to everyone saying "Oh I was changing X to Y and he just happened to score 20 points."

And its ultimately why Yahoo (as the entity that caused the issue) should take the extraordinary step of intervening, otherwise Id just say it is what it is. Cause we have people who are claiming they made roster changes, which adds to the mystery.

I still don't understand what you expect Yahoo to do. I'd rather have the commish/league members decide something than Yahoo. Quite frankly they can say whatever they want, our league isn't just going to blindly follow it.

Again, anyone that claims they would have made changes...easily could have emailed the commish beforehand. If they were in that big of a panic, they would have done something, not just sit there and think "we'll just figure it out later."

Id like some information from yahoo. Like whether people were able to make changes or not. Because we have people who claim they made changes, and we have people who claim they were completely blocked. If people were blocked and other people made changes, that is completely different than "everyone was blocked at 11 am so it was fair."

You and your league can do whatever you want. I just think that a lot of people out there are wondering what happened and would like information from yahoo so that they can make the correct decision on how the week should be handled.

You seem to have definitively made that call so congrats, other leagues are trying to work it out because they dont think its so simple.

There is no chance yahoo is going to do anything, and they shouldnt. It sucks but there is nothing that can be done to fix it. Im a commish in two cash leagues that use yahoo and had 1 person, who I was facing, ask me before kickoff to pick up Dallas' defense and drop SD's and it was actually the difference between me winning and losing. So he would have a legit gripe had I not done it. I had another team start 3 players on bye weeks who I know irl that never even mentioned to me to make a change. Yahoo realizes people have money on the line in their leagues so they are going to let people police them themselves.

I probably would have made a few tweaks before kickoff but as the commish theres no way I can go and change my team after the fact and it might cost me in a league or two but it is what it is.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)
Id like some information from yahoo. Like whether people were able to make changes or not. Because we have people who claim they made changes, and we have people who claim they were completely blocked. If people were blocked and other people made changes, that is completely different than "everyone was blocked at 11 am so it was fair."

You and your league can do whatever you want. I just think that a lot of people out there are wondering what happened and would like information from yahoo so that they can make the correct decision on how the week should be handled.

You seem to have definitively made that call so congrats, other leagues are trying to work it out because they dont think its so simple.

LOL, you are ridiculous.

Wondering what happened? Whether or not some people got in is irrelevant. It's a fact a lot of people couldn't. That can't be argued. They already sent an email and and update. What more do you need? It's not fair if ANYONE was blocked, not if some were and some weren't. If one person was affected by it, then it's unfair. Which is clearly the case. People aren't making things up.

How would Yahoo know which individual owner was and was not able to get in? You're implying that everyone could get in and some people are using this as an excuse to change their roster. It should be fairly obvious what people's rosters would have looked like had they been able to get in. Or they are completely lying and you are in the wrong league anyway.

Regardless, you looking to Yahoo go act like God and run your league is idiotic. You and your league or your commissioner are in a much better position to make decisions.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Well you dont seem to understand why it would be more troubling for people to actually have made changes, then if no one could, so Im not going to bother explaining.

How would Yahoo know which individual owner was and was not able to get in? You're implying that everyone could get in and some people are using this as an excuse to change their roster. It should be fairly obvious what people's rosters would have looked like had they been able to get in. Or they are completely lying and you are in the wrong league anyway.

How would I know? They are my friends that Ive known for years. So when 1 goes, "I was able to make changes" I dont think they are lying. Im not implying what you said, Im saying that its unfair he got to change his rosters, when the person he was playing against (not me) did not. If both had not been able to change, that would actually be more fair.

Regardless, you looking to Yahoo go act like God and run your league is idiotic. You and your league or your commissioner are in a much better position to make decisions.

Yeah its really idiotic, just like the Bears would be idiotic for wanting the NFL to make a ruling, instead of it being the Packers.

Generally when you have a "commissioner" who is making rulings, they are impartial and they are not actually involved in the competition.

Since you dont seem to understand "conflict of interest" it really makes no sense to keep talking.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)
Well you dont seem to understand why it would be more troubling for people to actually have made changes, then if no one could, so Im not going to bother explaining.

How would I know? They are my friends that Ive known for years. So when 1 goes, "I was able to make changes" I dont think they are lying. Im not implying what you said, Im saying that its unfair he got to change his rosters, when the person he was playing against (not me) did not. If both had not been able to change, that would actually be more fair.

Yeah its really idiotic, just like the Bears would be idiotic for wanting the NFL to make a ruling, instead of it being the Packers.

Generally when you have a "commissioner" who is making rulings, they are impartial and they are not actually involved in the competition.

Since you dont seem to understand "conflict of interest" it really makes no sense to keep talking.

I try and stick with leagues where I trust the commissioner to do the right thing, even if it affects them negatively. Hell, I even point out to people to make changes to their roster when they are facing me if they have an injured person playing or bye week and didn't notice. If I was in a paid league with strangers my thought process on the matter might be different, but otherwise I trust the person in charge of my league to run it fairly.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 07:35 PM)

I'm not sure if you can read. How would Yahoo know who could and could not make chances. "Yahoo shows Soxbadger was able to get in at 11:38 to make changes." Yup.

Btw, if everyone is so honest, why is this an issue?

Your comparison to the Packers makes zero sense. Yahoo has nothing to do with making a ruling for your league on this. It's a website.

So if Yahoo comes back and says "CANCEL EVERY RESULT" you'll be cool.

If they come back and say "LEAVE EVERYTHING" you'll be cool.

If they come back and say "MAKE THE CHANGES YOU WOULD HAVE MADE AND WE'LL RE-RUN RESULTS" you'll be cool.

Yahoo doesn't run your league, your commissioner does. Unless you have some random Yahoo commissioner tool that I'm unaware of.

The website didn't work. Figure it out amongst yourselves. You still haven't explained what you're looking for from Yahoo, and how it would actually make a difference.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Just so you know Im done with this. It was interesting to see what others thought before you came in and told us all what the answer should be. Thanks for the insight.

And by the way, Yahoo is more then the website, they run the league:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/f1/tos

Notice how Yahoo has "rules" which govern the play. Notice how they can suspend you, they can ban you. Thats not just a website host, its not like I put my league up on godaddy and am asking them to make a ruling. When you play yahoo sports, you are governed by their rules.

Im not looking for anything from yahoo. I thought it would be an interesting discussion about how each persons league handled this situation. I thought it was fascinating because many people put a lot of money into fantasy, and then their entire season could be messed up by this.

I dont want yahoo to do anything, I just personally felt that the fairest thing was to dq the entire week. Just my opinion.

First of all, I never told you what to do, you can DQ it, count it, makes changes, whatever. But that's a league decision, not Yahoo.

Yahoo is hosting the numbers for the league. You set up your own league rules, as everything is customized. They just give you the tools to do it.

If this happened 20 years ago, before hosting the stats online, what would you do in this situation? That's the answer you are looking for.

As far as not wanting anything from Yahoo, you definitely said "Id like some information from yahoo. Like whether people were able to make changes or not."

As far as being "governed" by them, bulls***. They can say whatever they want about week 10, or make suggestions, but no league actually has to follow it. They aren't running each individual league, period. If they even attempted to do that, which they won't, you'd see a mass exodus to ESPN next year.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 06:07 PM)

I was able to get in sporadically throughout the day

This was a pain in the ass week.

One league - Michael Vick goes out in first quarter

Other league - Jay Cutler (started over noodle-armed b**** Eli)

You can predict the results of both leagues. The Vick league also had the added bonus of Julio Jones leaving for 2.5 quarters.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 12, 2012 -> 12:55 PM)
No one could get on during that window, so that person would be lying.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 11:22 AM)
Good one. I could get in sporadically too, never said anything different.

And people wonder why I am cynic and dont trust people. If people are willing to go to these lengths to win internet battles, I imagine they are willing to lie to win actual money in fantasy football.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 11:27 AM)
And people wonder why I am cynic and dont trust people. If people are willing to go to these lengths to win internet battles, I imagine they are willing to lie to win actual money in fantasy football.

Sporadically throughout the afternoon is what he said.

The window immediately right before kickoff, which was the most critical to all of this? It was certainly down.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Nov 13, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
The window immediately right before kickoff, which was the most critical to all of this? It was certainly down.

And we have multiple people in my league who said that they were able to make changes during that window. Some of them lost and said that because they made changes there were no issues. So how can you be 100%? Why would they just blatantly lie for no gain? Just to cause mayhem?

Its over, Yahoo didnt do anything, its up to the leagues. No reason to continue.