Kyyle23

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Shingo Takatsu still pitching?

Reed's ERA has ballooned all the way to 4.83 now on the year.

If not for the great defense by Viciedo/Ramirez in LF, it would be a tie game. Of course, if we could actually get one good swing with the bases loaded and stop freaking hitting pop ups, then we would have been able to use Veal/Jones at the end of the game.

26,227 tickets sold

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
BTW how did Sale look today?

Control was iffy early but then settled in after a close play at the plate/Mark Parent ejection, retired his last 10 batters, could probably have gone more but good choice to save his arm by going to the pen.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 05:58 PM)
The problem is that good closers shut the door at that point.

Reed, who has no idea of how to do anything but point his body at home plate and fire fastballs at 93-95 that he has no idea where they're going...inevitably falls apart when things tighten up.

Ventura will affirm after the game that he's STILL the closer, but there's just no way he can save games against the likes of Jackson, Cabrera, Fielder, etc.

They will eat him alive if he can't throw anything but an average MLB FB for a closer, with almost no movement and often center cut.

WTF If Danks catches the ball we are not even talking about this................the extra pitches on a tired arm is the killer element in this situation today!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:59 PM)
If not for the great defense by Viciedo/Ramirez in LF, it would be a tie game. Of course, if we could actually get one good swing with the bases loaded and stop freaking hitting pop ups, then we would have been able to use Veal/Jones at the end of the game.

THen again, if not for a play by Danks, the game is over with a 123 9th.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
BTW how did Sale look today?

Great, Struggled with his control through the first three innings, couldn't put away hitters...then he found his rhythm and breezed through the 4th, 5th and 6th, retiring his last 10 batters faced in order.

9-2/1.70 ERA at home

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:00 PM)
WTF If Danks catches the ball we are not even talking about this................the extra pitches on a tired arm is the killer element in this situation today!

I know according to Hawk, Danks is the "best defensive outfielder in the organization" and I don't know, maybe he is a good defensive centerfielder, but from what he's shown he is not a very good defensive left fielder. At this point in time, replacing Viciedo with him is actually a defensive downgrade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
THen again, if not for a play by Danks, the game is over with a 123 9th.

The problem is that EVERYONE'S confidence in Reed is shrinking by the day.

We can make the excuse that Danks lost that ball, but you really think Mariano Rivera would use that as an alibi if he managed to blow a 3 run lead in a similar situation?

I don't think so.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
I know according to Hawk, Danks is the "best defensive outfielder in the organization" and I don't know, maybe he is a good defensive centerfielder, but from what he's shown he is not a very good defensive left fielder. At this point in time, replacing Viciedo with him is actually a defensive downgrade.

He will be a very good defensive OF...but when you put a rookie into a new league, new ballparks, and have him mostly coming off the bench, rookie mistakes happen.

Doesn't change what his long term defensive prognosis would be, but one does need to take experience into account when using him as a replacement.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 07:05 PM)
The problem is that EVERYONE'S confidence in Reed is shrinking by the day.

We can make the excuse that Danks lost that ball, but you really think Mariano Rivera would use that as an alibi if he managed to blow a 3 run lead in a similar situation?

I don't think so.

No...Rivera wouldn't....but Reed also didn't blow a 3 run lead.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 8, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
No...Rivera wouldn't....but Reed also didn't blow a 3 run lead.

That stupid Mariners game always comes back to mind now whenever Reed comes into the game.

Tie game, huge lead, 1 run lead, 3 run lead...I was actually more confident in Jenks, in all honesty.

Jenks sort of learned how to pitch to an extent. Addison's just throwing the ball at the plate.

Verlander 0-2, 5.84 ERA in the 2nd half of the road. Looks to be going 0-3, ERA over 6 after tonight in Anaheim.

Hasn't won since the middle of July. Rocked again.

This trend will come into synergy with all the good Chris Sale home vs. road splits at USCF next WED.

Greinke vs. Anibal Sanchez tmrw, btw.

And the Iowa Hawkeyes (my alma mater) suck. Ferentz is starting to become more overrated/overpaid than Ozzie Guillen.

Edited by caulfield12