Bears Game thread

• Replies 360
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:34 PM)
Gameplan today was just horrible. We've been in "pass only" mode for basically the entire game and our line may not be as bad as it looks, but it isn't good enough to be obviously passing this entire game.

They were fine running and just refused to keep doing it.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
We haven't learned from Martz. The entire gameplan tonight was wait until a reciever run a deep route. We haven't done anything to change our attack. Wait for the deep pattern while our line is a revolving door.

Tice is probably a net positive over Martz. BUT -- some negative possibilities of Tice becoming OC:

(1) O-line doesn't get his full coaching attention and doesn't improve during the season the way it has the past 3 years;

(2) Martz appeared to do one thing well: he got Cutler's mechanics better. So far this year, I think Cutler's mechanics have looked like s***.

(3) Tice is an inexperienced game-planner and play-caller.

QUOTE (G&T @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:36 PM)
They were fine running and just refused to keep doing it.

All those early drives we kept passing on first down and either getting nothing or a loss of yards. Then we'd run based on how bad the passing plays looked.

We need to start running on first down so we can have a positive play to start the series.

The Packers D isn't good btw, but their strengths are exactly what our weaknesses are. They know how to blitz and scheme and take chances for turnovers. We've never had an offense that is good at capitalizing on aggressive defenses like that.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
So you saying Cutler played weell but everyone else on offense sucked...ok

Where did I say that. The drinking tonight is causing problems with your reading comprehension. cutler had a bad game. But if you think this was only his fault then keep drinking.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 10:40 PM)
So you saying Cutler played weell but everyone else on offense sucked...ok

No. He didn't play well at all, but the rest of the offense could have made this game close. Hard to say what happens from there if some of those catches and/or blocks were made. This was a total team loss on offense. No one played at an acceptable level with the exception of possibly Michael Bush.

What remains true is that Jay Cutler is by far the best QB in the history of this franchise.

That game sucked. The closeups of Cutler and Marshall brooding were alarming. And the Bears losing their cool getting in the face of the Packers play after play when down by 20 was embarrassing.

Forget this game. On to the next one.

cutler is the same f***ing arrogant prick douchebag he has been for the past 10 years. He is so f***ing full of himself it makes me sick. the guy is so supremely talented, if he had an ounce of humility he'd be a hall of famer, and yet he gets so little out of his talent. Yes the O line sucked, but the last 3-4 sacks were because he didnt get rid of the ball. he threw multiple times off his back foot tonight - same dumbs*** mistakes he has made his entire career...i

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:20 PM)
Yes, but Bears meltdown sports radio is the worst.

Beras fans are some of the only fans more reactionary and more terrible then White Sox fans. And yes, people who think this team is bad or not a playoff team are overreacting. This is a relatively new offense with new players and one that was overly cocky. It got smacked in the mouth and this team really struggled in many areas. They were overly cocky in pass protection (vs. running the ball early, something they did successfully all night; the Packers literally couldn't stop the run). They also really did a piss poor job executing.

The bright side for me is the defense played pretty damn good against the Packers tonight. Bears have a long time to think about this game, but more importantly, they have time for Forte to get healthy (I hope) and have time to really work on the details as I think they got away from that.

I can't even grade Cutler until the game was out of hand. He had zero time to do anything. However, he has to learn to control his emotions because once he lost control, he had no chance of recovering and that is a problem he's got to deal with. Just an awful awful game by the Bears.

I can't even cal it a great game by the Packers. Packers played solid, but this game had a lot more to do with the Bears flat out playing like garbage.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 06:54 PM)
Part of the problem is the game plan this coaching staff has against Green Bay. 49ers ran the ball all over Green Bay last week and we come out with the pass happy Martz offense I thought we got rid of last year. Run the freaking football and maybe their pass rush eases up a little bit.

IT was awful. They should have protected Jay and the pass game early by rushing. They could have ran it all day long against GB. The game plan and execution offensively were just brutal. Capers panced Tice/Cutler.

QUOTE (daa84 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
cutler is the same f***ing arrogant prick douchebag he has been for the past 10 years. He is so f***ing full of himself it makes me sick. the guy is so supremely talented, if he had an ounce of humility he'd be a hall of famer, and yet he gets so little out of his talent. Yes the O line sucked, but the last 3-4 sacks were because he didnt get rid of the ball. he threw multiple times off his back foot tonight - same dumbs*** mistakes he has made his entire career...i

you didn't get the memo, you can't critisize Cutler because he da bess

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 04:46 AM)
IT was awful. They should have protected Jay and the pass game early by rushing. They could have ran it all day long against GB. The game plan and execution offensively were just brutal. Capers panced Tice/Cutler.

Someone made a great point earlier. The Packers are just an awful match-up for the Bears. I was stunned at how many people in the media were expecting the Bears to win tonight. Like you said, the Bears will be fine.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 09:42 PM)
Where did I say that. The drinking tonight is causing problems with your reading comprehension. cutler had a bad game. But if you think this was only his fault then keep drinking.

Dude, it wasn't all Cutler's fault, everyone on offense was bad, I agree...what pisses me off is Cutler idiotic decisions, throwing into double coverage. He forces throws too much and most of them get picked off vs the Packers secondary, he's talented but he's also a bit of a moron. If there's nothing tthere, throw the f***ing ball away, don't throw a stupid INT and give GB great field position...the D did their job. Jay and the offense cost the Bears this game.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1